Author Topic: Damn 50's will bite you on occasion.  (Read 1670 times)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Damn 50's will bite you on occasion.
« on: April 27, 2006, 11:10:58 AM »
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW-What a Ride!'"

Seems I live by this pretty well.  Especially the last part.

I'm working on keeping my motto true to heart.

Broke my left wrist in two spots Saturday night - this makes a grand total of 15 broken bones in my 41 short of years wandering around on this planet enjoying myself.

Four of us were playing around on the 50's (set up for road racing right now) and I ended up dorking myself good.

Don't try to grab your buddy's flapping kidney belt (screwing around with him) as you go into a high speed corner.

I think I either pulled myself into him or just plain ran into his back tire - not sure. It happened SO quickly all I know is my front tire suddenly went the wrong way and I high sided.

I grabbed the belt and then saw asphalt, sky, ashpalt.

Road rashed the left side of my back too. Glad I was wearing ALL my gear - could have been a lot worse.

The E.R. X-rays shows two large chunks on the end of the ulna, but nothing under the Quasimodo lump by my thumb that you see in the pic.

Saw an orthopod yesterday.  He showed me the cracks in my radius (reason for the lump) and put me in a funky half plaster/half ace bandage cast until the swelling goes down.  I get a fiberglass unit next Wed.

Not the way to start out the outdoor season!!!

I guess I should stick to Chair Racing instead. - I won!

Here are the E.R. pix.  You can't see the cracks, and can barely see the displaced pieces - scanner won't give me the resolution I need...  rats.

Like the big lump on the bottom (in the pix) arm bone?  that was the last time I broke this wrist...

Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 11:24:35 AM »
OUCH! That looks nasty!!!

"Quasimodo" - LMAO!!! :lol:

Skeeter, what's the recovery time on this one? Did they give you a window?

I hope it gets better quickly!!!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 01:11:26 PM »
:roll:  OUCH! Guess I've been lucky? careful? nah.. not trying har enough?? maybe, but not a broken bone yet!

Man hope that heals well and quick! BUMMER!

Hornet

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 06:04:03 PM »
Damn Skeeter, again ?  Ouch !

I dislocated my shoulder last year, and no broken bones for a couple of years now......fingers crossed.
I live for sand, sand, more sand, driving fast in sand, Paintball, and just driving fast !