Author Topic: Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner  (Read 6235 times)

Toyman

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« on: April 12, 2006, 09:31:58 PM »
Yes I do have a SnoRabbit. I ran it for two years with very little trouble then it locked up at WOT for no apparent reason other than possibly bearing failure. Jetting was fine. I havn't taken the time to tear into it. Hoser sent me a link to goobs of new parts available for it so I may just get a new engine as their dirt cheap. My other thought was to use swap in a 100cc Partner chop saw I have. These are a hoot to ride even though their not real fast.
Toyman

Weed

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:54:17 PM »
Hey bud when do you ride it.

We only had snow for like two weeks this year up here by Manhattan..................

Cool little bugger though.

Toyman

• View Profile
Ride when?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2006, 12:54:43 AM »
Thats' right we havn't had a good snow here for several years. Its' been sitting idle for some time now. I'm originally from Iowa & have had the pleasure  of owning snowmobiles & 6 wheeled atvs. I always wanted a snowmobile motorcycle but didn't get one till I relocated here. I'm a big boy toy fanatic (hence the name) so when I get the opportunity to buy something just a little on the odd side I get it just for $hits & grins. Even though our season for using it is very short I had a ball with it till it let go. Its' quite a conversation piece in this neck of the woods. I need to get it up & running again though.

Hey Nuke Em........you want to sell yours? I need an engine!!!!
Toyman

Weed

• View Profile
ME TOO
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2006, 11:31:39 PM »
Speaking of toys.... Have you ever seen a Cushman Trackster?  I know a guy that has two that I am trying to buy off of him.  I want these things real bad, they look like a ton of fun.  There are Honda conversion kits for these things too. the original engines are not reliable and are crazy loud.  Anyway I'll keep you posted if I ever end up with one.  Here is what they look like.

http://www.trackster.com/vtorig/buyers.htm

http://www.cushmantrackster.com/home.html

nuke em

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2006, 12:29:01 AM »
That trackster looks pretty cool, I think I need one. Let us know how you make out on your dealing. Probably be great for snow too.

Hey Toyman, ya I probably need to move it on along. Had it for several years and still have not touched it. Just make an offer or swap me some 350 goodies, I am easy. If you come out for the big Wy, Ut, and Idaho dunes this year, you can pick it up. Shipping will probably be very high. Dennis may have room on his way back to Lincoln also.

Gary

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 02:22:15 AM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"
<snip>

Shipping will probably be very high. Dennis may have room on his way back to Lincoln also.

Gary

Yep - I should have room - Just let me know
Heck I may even deliver to KS....

:)

nuke em

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2006, 10:10:44 AM »
Thanks Dennis!

Toyman

• View Profile
Trip
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2006, 08:39:23 PM »
I'm going to try to make this trip if at all possible but won't know until about a week out to see what my work schedual is like. I run a masonry construction co. so I have to have my work lined out for the crew before I could leave.

So NukeEm what do you need in the way of 350 stuff? I really don't have much in the way of spare parts for these. Stock heads & shocks is about it. I'm considering an engine swap in one but I'd still want to keep the stocker  for a spare for the other car. So it may have to be something else or just cash. I think a new engine is pretty cheap for these if I can still find the link to them. Hoser sent it to me once.
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2006, 11:19:53 PM »
Oh hell, I guess I need some aluminium rear rims 4 on 110 or 130, 9 or 10 inch, front alum rims, larger carbs, stock shocks if they are still in good shape, or just $40. I have seen several snow rabbit parts on Ebay too.

Toyman

• View Profile
SnoRabbit
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2006, 12:25:56 AM »
NukeEm,

I'd give you a good pair of stock rears or if you'd rather the $40.
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2006, 01:34:35 AM »
Probably the $40, I have plenty of stock wheels and tires. Want to see close-up pictures of anything on the Snow Rabbit/Runner?

Toyman

• View Profile
Easter Bunny
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2006, 09:55:37 AM »
Sure pictures are always cool!

How do you want me to send da' 40 ?

And how we gonn'a get'er to the "Land of Oooz & Oz"?

My email is <edited by admin, removed email address...that's one way to get picked up for spam, spiders roam sites like these looking for email addresses to add to spam lists. Anyone can email you via the email link that is present with every post you make as well as on your profile page. Everyone please, for your sake take note of this forum feature.>

If I make the Big West Coast Jamboree I could get it then.
Toyman

nuke em

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2006, 11:11:44 AM »
Dennis said he could bring it back to Lincoln, or maybe even your place. I will be going thru KC but not until the end of July. With how to pay, mail money, paypal, wait until you get it, you chose, makes no difference to me. I'll PM you with my home Email.  I can spin the engine by hand, smooth with compression, about like a lawn mower engine. Should be a good engine with lots of spare parts, or maybe get a second machine running for your wife. Here is a few pics from this morning. Raining out this morning too(better than snow).

greasemnky

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2006, 12:27:27 PM »
That thing got a hemi in it  :lol:

Those are really neat though. I know the company that makes them silly razor scooters is selling a similar snow scoot now, but its a piece of junk. How fast are the old crystlers? I've seen a couple of them for sale in northern michigan, and always thought they looked like fun.

nuke em

• View Profile
Snow Rabbit/Snow Runner
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2006, 01:23:10 PM »
I have no clue how they run, but it did look like fun. Picked it up several years back with plans to get her going. Too many projects and not enough time. Toyman said they are a blast to ride.