Author Topic: first roll  (Read 2584 times)

O-J

• View Profile
first roll
« on: March 29, 2006, 01:06:01 PM »
the pilot seems to be running real good. got the silencer welded back on with a lot of built up material but its on and quieter now if i could only find a new pipe and silencer for the 500 sleeve in a stock head :(    ...but its working so i cant complain and the back yard track times are dropping.which brings me to the roll ...my brother ended up rolling in in a right hand hairpin with a bit of a hole in it. my previous run i almost rolled in that place but some how miraculously pulled out of it  on just the front left wheel 8) finished my run said wow and went over to inspect  the hole and said look out for that thing  :wink: ..well sure enough first lap... El flippo... exact spot !! after righting him we checked things out and there was no significant damage but some oil seemed to be dripping from the left front shock  :(  well not to sad when i had them apart i knew they were on the way out. but i think my near roll finally blew it out and then on my brothers run there was nothing there for him and ...loop DE do... we each took another run and i could defiantly tell right hand turns are not like they should be.

so now i need some suspension opinions...what should i put in there? any one have anything that will work for me? if i do the front should i do the rear as well? i just re oiled the rears and they seem to be OK but I'm sure they have seen better days.

just wondering what you guys have done in the past and how it worked out?

Thanks,
Jake

ludedude

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 05:48:55 PM »
I forget...you runnig stock suspension or an LT?

WORKS shocks I think are the most popular replacement, or are you looking for used OEM?

I have ELKA's on mine, but I will be swapping to FOX shocks as I need longer lengths for what I want to do to the suspension ;)

O-J

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 07:15:59 PM »
yeah stock... i was thinking bolt on upgrade wondering if i should get just the front and wait till the rears wear out (just changed oil they seem to be working well) or doing all four corners if there would there be a significant improvement.  i don't think i want to modify anything unless there is something that really needs to be done.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
first roll
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 08:19:41 PM »
Welcome to learning to drive on the roof 101.

It's a great lesson; self taught, self caused, and hopefully self righting and walk away from...

Been there, done that:
Stadium Racing:
http://www.yellowdogracing.com/video/racingroll.avi

Desert Racing:
http://www.yellowdogracing.com/deztaz/Snowflake2003/Snowflake2003TheCrash.wmv

And just playing in the woods:
http://www.efadgroup.com/Odyssey%20World/funstuff4.htm top of the page...  Someone has video of this...

Who says playing ON the wheels is more fun???
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotHawK

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 09:56:11 PM »
Only a few people in this world have one roll over on film. You have 3! Hell you even got to watch my first one!

ludedude

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 06:28:23 AM »
Quote from: "O-J"
yeah stock... i was thinking bolt on upgrade wondering if i should get just the front and wait till the rears wear out (just changed oil they seem to be working well) or doing all four corners if there would there be a significant improvement.  i don't think i want to modify anything unless there is something that really needs to be done.

If the rears are in fine shape and you;re staying stock, just replacing the fronts will make quite a difference, they're the weak point in the stock suspension.

If you need a pair of fronts to tie you over until you get new ones, I'm quite sure I have a stock used paor of fronts you can have for the price of shipping them down.

Check out WORKS shocks in my store, remember to apply the "pops" discount at checkout to see the final price ;) Keep going until you  see the final price and the "checkout" button....that's the final step and creates the order :)

jbru34

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 09:12:55 AM »
i'm the 3rd plus owner of my 350 so how would i know if my shocks are stock...i havn't jumped it yet but if i was to how is it with stock shocks???
Crazy Chester followed me...

O-J

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 11:49:55 AM »
do i need resivoirs and threaded preload?

O-J

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2006, 01:26:56 PM »
hey lude,
I've been busy lately but  i want to get those shocks, but was wondering what if i need the res, and threaded pre load...the loner stockers would be cool also. let me know what you think.

i checked the new lay out for a second seemed the loading was a bit jumpy but like i said i was only there for a second i didn't really get much of a chance to check it out. Do you still need help testing? ill be able to hang out there a bit more in the next couple of days if you want me to check it out.

Talk later,
Jake

ludedude

• View Profile
first roll
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2006, 05:03:08 PM »
PM me your shipping address and I'll get the shipping qouted on a set of used fronts if I have a set.

Threaded preload is a nice option, but not needed IMO, you can still set ride height without them, just not as easy.

Resevoirs...depends on your driving terrain and style. If you do a lot of jumpin and or woops/racing...I'd get them, if not, it's not necessary.....but then again...never know...so I got them on mine ;)

Yeah, if you get some time, test away....I may switch to that layout on my nights (Sat, Sun) if I don't see any major errors popping up