Author Topic: Tach hook-up info  (Read 2756 times)

nuke em

• View Profile
Tach hook-up info
« on: March 29, 2006, 12:19:37 AM »
Anyone ever hook-up a Polaris sled tach before? I know they run these on draks so there is a way. Dennis, ever find the info you had? Thanks

FL670R

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Tach hook-up info
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 02:29:44 AM »
Quote from: "Nuke Em"
Anyone ever hook-up a Polaris sled tach before? I know they run these on draks so there is a way. Dennis, ever find the info you had? Thanks

Hey Gary those look an awful lot like the Cat ones I have...

I didn't find the notes I was looking for but I looked thru the Polaris Service Manual and the Artic Cat Service manual and they both show the same hookup.

All the Browns go to Ground (I just went to frame on mine) and the Yellows all go to the Lighting Side of the Stator (IE not the ignition side)
No need for seperate wires between same colors just 1 brown to ground and 1 Yellow to power supply

The Polaris and Cat manuals show the same yellow supply for the Tach also powers the Headlight, TailLight, Tach, Speedo Light, Temp sender and low oil senders...

I noticed you got a 6 pulse tach - I believe that is the correct one and it is what all of mine are.
I know mine worked properly when I hooked the yellow lead from the CDI of the FL400 (right behind the seat) to the yellow tach wire
(which also backlights the tach)

OK I just compared the FL400 wiring diagram to the FL350 and it looks like you should be hooking the yellow tach wire to the Black/Red wire coming of the CDI on the FL350...

Disclaimer I've never hooked a tack to stock FL350 only the FL400
BUT - it should be very similiar....

Later
Dennis

----------------

Heck after doing a bunch of searching and reading I'm possitive that I DON'T KNOW for sure where to hook the tach on a FL350

It may be the Black/Yellow wire off the CDI unit instead....

Good Luck

nuke em

• View Profile
Tach hook-up info
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 12:04:33 PM »
Thanks Dennis. I have read in several places that others have hooked the tachs yellow "pos" lead to the negative side of the coil. 350s coil wires are green and black w/ yellow stripe, but I don't remember which is the positive side(green probably). My manual is at work, I'll check this afternoon when I go in just to be sure what is the lighting wire. Feds 350 has the rare Honda factory tach on his, bet I can just look at that to get an answer too. I'll post back if it works.  :wink: