Author Topic: Dual Air Intake???  (Read 5337 times)

jbru34

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« on: March 20, 2006, 09:03:51 PM »
What's the best way to put a dual air intake on a 350?  How would u go about attaching an elbow to the air box and attaching a tube to the snorkle?  Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.  Thanks.

-jbru34
Crazy Chester followed me...

Toyman

• View Profile
Dual air
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2006, 10:13:05 PM »
I simply used a holesaw to cut an opening in the opposite side of the airbox. Used a threaded black PVC pipe I nutted to the inside of the airbox , glued to an elbow with a short piece of straight pipe glued in the other end to hose clamp connect a section of flex hose from it to another short nipple glued into a 45 degree fitting which short nipples into the opposite end of the existing upper air box.  I hole sawed additional holes in the leading edge of this box that I can duct tape over to fatten a jetting or open up to lean it. This was a pretting inexspensive mod. that really works well to aid giving the 350 or Pilot more air. On the Pilot I attach the fitting in the lid instead of the box.
Toyman

jbru34

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 10:23:30 PM »
Any pics of the mod??

Toyman

• View Profile
air box mod.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 10:45:23 PM »
I'll get some posted soon. Very simple setup & it works very well.
Toyman

jbru34

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2006, 10:48:05 PM »
cool....going to work with my dad tomorrow maybe i'll pic the parts up tomorrow...

ludedude

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2006, 07:39:09 AM »
http://p-o-ps.com/pops/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=442

Aussie Duner was making selling some SWEET lids for the pilot and 350's for dual air intake. Contact him

http://p-o-ps.com/pops/viewtopic.php?p=5760#5760

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 08:43:27 AM »
Quote from: "jbru34"
stop hitting the snare so freakin' hard...and by the way theres no where to ride in CT...dont come here haha

This has to be one of the better signatures!  I don't understand the first part at all, but the second is funny as hell!  :bigthumbup:
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
:applause:

jbru34

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2006, 08:51:31 PM »
the first part of my signature has to do with my bass friend who is also my drum teacher always yelling when ever we're jamming that i'm hitting the snare to hard...maybe i only get it cause i'm 15 haha...

jbru34

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 10:15:13 PM »
whats the best way to hook the new dual air intake tube into the snorkle...?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
duel intake
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 10:32:19 PM »
Drill the rivets out that hold the inlet on the left side of the upper air box. I used a 4" to 2" pvc adapter then cut it to leave a rectangle that fits into the opening. I ran screws through the original rivet holes. I cut the face out of the box.

jbru34

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 10:36:10 PM »
ok thanks i'll try that

Toyman

• View Profile
350 airbox mod.
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2006, 11:06:17 PM »
This is a response to and older post. I finally got the opportunity to take a few pics. of my 350 dual intake design. Its' very simple with basic pvc fittings & automotive hose. Hope this helps you jbru34.
Toyman

Fed

• View Profile
Dual Air Intake???
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2006, 12:01:20 AM »
I actually just pulled off a dual-air intake system off of my FL350.....been serving me well for over 3 years.  I just cleaned it up tonight and getting ready to put it on ebay.  If someone is interested....let me know....i'll post pics.

Very clean job, but lacks the whole tail=light assembly....(I run LED brakelights instead of the standard Tail-light)
Opportunity is missed by most, because it\'s dressed in overalls and looks like work.