Author Topic: jumping my odyssey  (Read 1804 times)

bill5me

• View Profile
jumping my odyssey
« on: March 15, 2006, 10:52:12 PM »
this past sunday i was jumping my odyssey over small hills an that was great but when i tryed a small double i thaut i was going to die  it did not level out like on the smaller hills. Is there a way to set it up to fly straight because i like to jump it big like i do my raptor        ps;;;      im experiment with this thing     i like it alot     ha ha

ludedude

• View Profile
jumping my odyssey
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2006, 11:13:23 PM »
pump the front brakes to compress the front suspension just before take-off, and leave some throttle to nail it on take off, after the front wheels leave. If you hit the jump at WOT I find they nose dive. It takes practice to get the timing for hitting the front brakes, but if you have decent suspension in the front it can really help.

nuke em

• View Profile
jumping my odyssey
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2006, 11:33:20 PM »
when i tryed a small double i thaut i was going to die

LMFAO, Ya , been there, done that too. In general, the Odysseys do not like whoops or MX tracks. They really shine on dunes, trails and desert rallies. My buddy jumps level by jamming the front brakes which compresses the front shocks and the rebound lifts the front just before launching off a jump. I prefer to hit the jumps at light throttle and pin it on the way up. My engine/clutch combo make a ton of torque which carries the front.

Do you have a manual yet? There is really a ton of info in there you need. You can also down load a free copy to your computer.

Here is a few pictures to look at.

Gary

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
jumping my odyssey
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 11:54:56 PM »
Suspension can play a HUGE roll in the flight characterstics too.

Using the brakes as you approach to lift the front end, as Gary's stated, works really well on more motocross style tracks - that and learning to time it with either a blip of the throttle or a steady increase of throttle - both styles can be used for different types of jumps.  If you're used to flying a quad, then you'll get used to flying an Oddy.  :D

Same thing with using the brakes - the front brakes will drop the nose REAL quickly, while the rear's don't do as much, but they still will rotate you if needed.

Seat time, seat time, seat time.

ENJOY IT!!!

Oh - do you still have the stock harness in it?

If you do, get a five point as soon as you can and ditch the stock pile o' crap.  If you're jumping, you really need one (5-point).  - I think Lude is still a Team Tech dealer - great stuff - it's saved my life at least once now.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Toyman

• View Profile
Jumping Odys
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2006, 10:43:35 AM »
It's always a treat to hear of others painful experiences while driving their Pilots & Odys. As I sit & laugh about this one my neck & back are barking pretty loud at me from as a result of the last time out. The things we do to ourselves for the sake of having fun! My chiropractor's staff called me yesterday wondering why I haven't been in recently. I'm on a first name basis there & also with a fantastic massage therapist that does wonders for this ailling body. I really do need to get in & get patched up as a group of us are going to Waynoka next week! The pic. is of my two Pilots at L.S.
Toyman

bill5me

• View Profile
jumping my odyssey
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2006, 12:57:14 AM »
thanks guys i will try the front brakes next time                                              bill