Author Topic: Front Tyre Size Question  (Read 1919 times)

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Front Tyre Size Question
« on: January 07, 2006, 07:53:59 AM »
Im putting some new rubber on my Pilot up front,what size do you guys recommend ?

21-7-10 or 22-8-10 ?

Will the 1 inch taller and wider create problems ? i have friend in the tyre business and he gets me good prices on both these sizes.

Cheers
Aussie

ludedude

• View Profile
Front Tyre Size Question
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 11:30:44 AM »
I really like the razrII tires...and I've tried the 22's and 23's. I don't think I'd ever go to a 21.  I see no difference in handling with the 23's vs 22's..I think the 23's would rub the fenders now and then on stock arms...on +2's I don't recall hearing it at all. I like the extra ground clearance of the 23's...may not be an issue for you if it's all sand terrain you're in, but for the rough stuff...trails and jumps..I like the 23's...an definitely the Razr's. I've run OEM, 400EX, some knobby thing, a pair of wide and flat (track tires??), and one or two others...sorry I don't know what they were. But the Razr's seem to wear well, and they steer awesome!

My $0.02...which is close to yours  :P

PilotHawK

• View Profile
Front Tyre Size Question
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 12:28:31 PM »
I had the bandit XCR's up front on mine. I liked the flatter profile of the tire. It seemed to help control the dreaded "pilot push" better than stock. BUT since you do most of your riding in sand I can see where the maxxis razr's would work better since they are more rounded and have more of a raised center tread than a lot of other tires out there.
and definately 22" is better than 21"

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Front Tyre Size Question
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2006, 06:48:27 PM »
Thanks guys i will go with the 22x8x10,same price as the the smaller ones.

Cheers
Aussie