Author Topic: Pocket Rockets  (Read 1133 times)

pilotrocker11

Pocket Rockets
« on: August 01, 2005, 10:03:42 AM »
OK,

I've seen quite a few of those little pocket rockets around and man those things can motor for there size. Now, are they really worth buying?

A few questions I have that I hope someone can answer:

1.) Price?

2.) How fast would they go with a 100lb person on?

3.) Are they cheap? (like break,crack easily)

4.) How much gas to they hold?

5.) Hard on gas?

6.) Anyone have one that wants to sell it?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Re: Pocket Rockets
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2005, 10:32:04 AM »
Quote from: "pilotrocker11"
OK,

I've seen quite a few of those little pocket rockets around and man those things can motor for there size. Now, are they really worth buying?

A few questions I have that I hope someone can answer:

1.) Price?

This is one of those loaded questions.  They range from just a few hundred bucks to a couple thousand.  You will really get what you pay for.

2.) How fast would they go with a 100lb person on?

Scary fast. (then again, back to that you get what you pay for thing)
Slow ones run 25 - 30 mph, the racers run 60+ (3" off the ground feels like 60, so imagine one that runs 60...)

3.) Are they cheap? (like break,crack easily)

The chinese units you see at Pep-Boys, Auto Zone and the likes are VERY cheap.  Pretty much junk - once again, you get what you pay for.

4.) How much gas do they hold?

Probably around half a gallon.  Not much, but they run quite a while.  Your butt will wear out long before you run out of fuel.

5.) Hard on gas?

Two stroker.   Mild engine ones should go a while, race units - probably 30 minutes or so.

Do a web search and you should find a lot of info.  There are a lot of people running them/racing them.  They're huge out on the left coast.

If you have any asphault go-kart tracks in your area, check and see if they allow pocket bikes.  If they do, then talk to the people running the track and the people running the bikes on the track.

Seems that the units coming out of Italy were the most performance oriented.  (and the most expensive)

Get knee and elbow pads, gloves (road race style, not motocross), consider a chest protector and above all wear that helmet.  The little bikes are extremely twitchy and will spit you off every chance they get.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

pilotrocker11

Pocket Rockets
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:03:38 AM »
Thanks Moskito,

I went to a site.......www.pocketbikes.com/

Lots of info!