Author Topic: Tman and I made it back!  (Read 2424 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Tman and I made it back!
« on: July 27, 2005, 09:57:22 PM »
Well after replacing the battery in the MPV at the pressure wash station...yes my mechanical troubles were not limited to the pilot  :roll: we made it home without mechanical issues...I said without mechanical issues :lol:

We had a flat on the van on the way down, the dead battery returning to the hotel after our last day out, and the mechanical issues with my pilot. I just couldn't think straight in all that heat man....WOW that was hot! All in all my pilot issues were due to I believe running spare wiseco's I had in bores set up for OEM Honda pistons....not enough clearance..duh-oh! They'll run for awhile...heck the one ran for 5+ hrs here....but then again it wasn't that freakin' hot either! :p

Ted was pleasantly surprised with the performance of the disc brake setup I managed to get squeezed in for his pilot before we left...and he gave them a work-out running up and down the mountain....multiple times :)

We went north on our way back home...I wanted to stop in to see Moskito and we wanted to avoid the New York route we took on the way down...in a car...fine..towing a trailer....not much fun  :x  

Hey Richard, I used the GPS to entertain me, maps are boring :p  Anytime I started to get sleepy I started playing with that...man that things got a lot of features....max speed, ave speed, altitiude, trip profile..MAX SPEED?! Hmmm...Ted's sleeping...<pedal to floor motion>...let's see what the MPV will do pulling 2 pilots!

So, 5400km later (round trip) we're back home. The trip from..where was it...Cleveland/St. Catherines area was.....interesting. We  drove through that storm! I hope some of the shots Ted took turn out...awesome lighning show...and holy rain batman!

We made it home about 2pm, glad to be home, tired, but really glad we made the trip. I got a few rides in, and thanks to Buck got a second trip up to the creek with a loan of one of his pilots on Sunday. But it was worth it just to put some faces to names I've known for so long now.

Got to say thanks to PH and Cricket for hosting, special thanks to DH and PH for helping out with my mechanical issues, and to Moskito for all the tools I borrowed/made use of ;) All that wrenching was worth the ride I got out of it late Saturday. Went up the mountain to the creek with Buck, Betel, Oz and myself. When it did seeze up again Buck went down for a tow rope...but I decided to do it NS style.... :) I asked Oz to jump in mine, and I used Ted's to push him the rest of the way to the top of the moutain. We spent a few minutes throwing rocks off the cliff like little kids before we took after Buck. Oz made a wrong turn and we had to get him turned around....told him I'd give him a fast push then brake hard and give him room to slide it around with the rear brakes.....he executed it perfectly, depsite him saying he felt like it was nearly to the point of tipping :p Headed back on our way, made it almost back to camp when we met a surprised Buck coming up with a rope.."you all find a shortcut or somethin'?"

:P  :lol:

It was great to meet so many of you all, hope we can do it again some time.

I need to start a thread for everyone to reply to who is interested in putting their name in for a draw for gift certificates from Digatron...anyone who was at CC is welcome to put their name in..I'll post more details when I finish unpacking and find them again :p

throttle

• View Profile
Glad to make it back!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2005, 10:35:49 PM »
Well, I'm glad to hear that you made it back safe.  We had a blast for sure.  The creek ride Saturdayevening and the laying face first in the river was certainly a releif from the heat. Glad no one was taking pictures of us laying in the creek.

Great to meet you and make a few rides with you - hanging out and drinking a few beers!!

I hope we can do it again sometime.........thanks for making the long trip!

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Good to hear from You Guys!
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 10:33:29 PM »
Hey Brian,
Glad to hear from you two travelers!! Starting to worry a bit. It was a pleasure getting to meet you and T man. I hate that things didn't work out mechanically for you, but I guess we all have those days huh.
Got my clutch on, and it works great!! I didn't realize that it would make so much of a difference in the performance of my machine.
Any ways, glad your home and look forward to the day we can do this again!!
 T-Man was on the mountain somewhere when I had to leave and didn't get the chance to say goodbye, so when you see him, let him know that I enjoyed his company , and that I have that hood patented, so if he wants one, he has to get my permission first!! :lol:
Don't forget, DP in October! See you there?!?!
Rooky

ludedude

• View Profile
Tman and I made it back!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2005, 09:18:07 AM »
Yup we're home and recovering from MPV leg :p

Glad you're happy with the clutch Randy, any trouble getting the stock one off? How many weights are you running?

Ted's in Nova Scotia until this evening, heads back home to Montreal tonight. Yup, he flies in to go pilot riding whenever he can  :shock:  (Montreal is about a 12?hr drive from here) He keeps his pilot here and comes down as time allows...so he actually did a lot of travelling...flew from Montreal to Halifax, then drove with me to TN!

DP in October....October next year..maybe :p We need to store some machines down south so we can fly in and ride for a weekend ;) October....hmmmm

dhjunkie

• View Profile
Tman and I made it back!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2005, 01:05:07 PM »
good to hear your trip back was without serious troubles.  I had a blast at CC and it sounds like you did also inspite of the mechanical woes.
 It was good meeting you in person and I hope someday to meet the gang again.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
clutch
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2005, 02:04:13 PM »
Brian,
Running 13 pucks. This was about all I could get in and still get the cap on.This is plenty of rpms for the kind of riding I do. The freakin thing will set sideways from a standstill now!!
The stocker came off without a problem. The hardest thing of the whole procedure was getting the cover on the pb lined up with the clutch, but finally got it!!
Thanks again!!
Randy

Tman

• View Profile
Tman and I made it back!
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2005, 08:24:56 PM »
Okay folks, unfortunately I'm back in the saddle here in Montreal. I wish we could play Pilots forever.  8)  It was a long road to CC and back but I'm glad that we were able to represent the Great White North to one degree or another. No rocket science when it came to my set of wheels, but at least she "plugged" along...  :roll:
I know I'm a bit behind on the "thank yous" or "thank y'alls" but I have to say that I was privelaged in getting to know all of you. I might even have to give up a little on stereo typing the typical Yank  :? as the hospitality and friendship was second to non.
A very special thank you to PH and Cricket.
Also to Brenden, Brian, Buck, Jamie, Jimmy, Luke, Randy, Richard, and Scott: I'm still chuckling over all the tall tales and the many laughs.
Lastly, Rooky, you got to change your name... I was thinking along the lines of Racketman, Rattler, Hoodlum...
Hopefully, we'll see y'all soon...