Author Topic: What to bring for CC?  (Read 4273 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« on: July 08, 2005, 07:05:34 PM »
As this is our first trip any great distance away from home with the Pilots....what's recommended tobring for spare parts.

Is it really rocky? I just  repaired a puncture in one of my 489AT's...They're ~1/2 wore...so they're getting more vulnerable to punctures. Ted's are near new, so he should be good. I don;t know if I can get his disc brake setup finished in time for CC, if not we'll be running different bolt patterens up front. I don't want to have to haul 2 sets of fronts down...rears we can swap..but I don't want a tire failure to end out riding either.

Belts...bring what we got...I think a least 3 spares
Plugs..4 I think
Brakes...my rear pads are fairly new..I'll try to replace/check Ted's before we go...bring a spare set? How much riding will we do?
I hope to have a rebuilt axle to take down as a sample/spare.
Cables? Think I have a spare throttle, and one tranny cable..
Tools...can we borrow if need be? I'm sur eI'll end up bringing some..I hate travelling that far without any?

PH, can we park our trailer an pilots at your place?....Only have an open trailer....Are you close to the hotels?

Don't have any spare tie rods for me.....+2's....anyone else running Red's +2's? Got spare rods? Is FL400nut coming? I tihk I have a spares set of stock length for Ted.

Arms and links....got some....bring?

Anything else?

Some of what we bring may come down to space. I'd like to remove the benches in the MPV and maybe put an air mattress back there for the trip...but that robs a lot of space.

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2005, 07:11:22 PM »
done:
radiator relocation...finally painted
tube repaired
head gaskets separated...bumped compresion up a bit
repaired tie rod
replaced speed sensor on gauge
replaced axles
adjusted spring rates on rear shocks
replaced left rear wheel bearings
lubricated front end suspension hiems
tightened all suspension bolts/nuts
drained counter balancer and tranny oil

Trailer modified to use ramp as extended deck

left:
install tube/wheel
install radiator/fluid
add tranny oil

add aux brake/tail lights to trailer

Then do as much of the same as I can on Ted's

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:
 :bigthumbup:

PilotHawK

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2005, 09:21:17 PM »
Bring everything you think you might need. Any bearings or seals you have or anything else part wise you can fit into rubbermaid tubs. I'll have tools here. An air compressor, you can park here no problem. I'm about a mile and a half from hotels, eateries, etc. I have the pool, and a grill also. I am planning on a P-O party Friday night, we can use the house as a gathering place when we aren't on the trails.

With the names I've seen, this looks to be one of the largest get togethers of pilots and odysseys ever. If you are on the fence about attending this ride, jump off of it and come on down whether you have a ride or not, and meet the group!

PilotHawK

redrider

• View Profile
open trailer and hotels
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2005, 09:24:40 PM »
There are so many atv'ers staying at places in Oak Ridge that you don't need to worry about your stuff.  Just make sure to bring a cable and lock to discourage any theft.  Most of your expensive gadgets can be put into the vehicle or taken into your room.
I've left an open trailer with stuff on it several times and never felt a need to worry about it.  Then again, I'm a trusting sort too.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2005, 10:50:57 PM »
I'll have the Big Blue Beast with me, so we have a full assortment of tools - including air tools.

I also have a welder with me and if someone will remind me on Thursday nite, I'll bring nitrogen and a shock charging setup too.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2005, 10:59:03 PM »
Welder! SWEET...now we can let loose!  :bigthumbup:  :bigthumbup:  :bigbow:  :bigbow:  :big clap:

betel

• View Profile
Shock nitrogen charge
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2005, 04:10:30 PM »
Hey Richard.  I'm planning on doing the procedure described in the Pilot service manual for changing the oil in the shocks.  It sounds like a good time to do it if you bring your nitrogen recharge sett up since not having that is preventing me from doing the oil change.  Bucky says he's got one on order but hasn't received it yet.  Of course once I release the pressure there's no going back.  I would really appreciate it if I could get a charge from you.

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2005, 04:32:27 PM »
You want a pair of extra rear shocks brought in case something goes wrong or you find something nasty inside? :p

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Re: Shock nitrogen charge
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2005, 08:48:37 PM »
Quote from: "betelgeuse"
Hey Richard.  I'm planning on doing the procedure described in the Pilot service manual for changing the oil in the shocks.  It sounds like a good time to do it if you bring your nitrogen recharge sett up since not having that is preventing me from doing the oil change.  Bucky says he's got one on order but hasn't received it yet.  Of course once I release the pressure there's no going back.  I would really appreciate it if I could get a charge from you.

No problemo!  Consider it done. :applause:
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

socalgii

• View Profile
attn MOSKITOE-GRAFFITOE
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2005, 01:46:46 AM »
Don't forget your can of spray paint!
This is not who you think it is ! I have stolen his identity and will antagonize you from afar . I am French . The guy who you think this is. is out of town, and cannot respond to any personal attacks on him or his family    :twisted:

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2005, 01:47:25 PM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
done:
radiator relocation...finally painted
tube repaired
head gaskets separated...bumped compresion up a bit
repaired tie rod
replaced speed sensor on gauge
replaced axles
adjusted spring rates on rear shocks
replaced left rear wheel bearings
lubricated front end suspension hiems
tightened all suspension bolts/nuts
drained counter balancer and tranny oil

Trailer modified to use ramp as extended deck

left:
install tube/wheel
install radiator/fluid
add tranny oil

add aux brake/tail lights to trailer

left:
install tube/wheel  - done
install radiator/fluid - done
add tranny oil  - waiting on Amsoil order :twisted:

add aux brake/tail lights to trailer - done

- setup front brakes....one hub is in BAD shape...sooooo
- finished a disc brake setup  :shock:

need to install the disc brake setup...may swap complete - A-arms , spindles all at once, his A-arm bearings are worn too...Rocketman, you have any bushing sets on hand?

spare parts and requested parts set out including: 2 heads, 2 sets of rear shocks, one set of fronts, recoil starter, new clutches, puller tools....am I forgetting anything for anyone?

closer and closer to getting done...closer and closer to leaving  :P  :shock:  :lol:  It's neck in neck!

Bucked

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2005, 11:36:42 AM »
I have a spare set for the front that I haven't put on yet. If you need them, I'll bring them to CC. Swapping them out on-site shouldn't take to long if you have a crack pit crew standing around S-T-S and nuzzling long-necks while one person does the work!

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2005, 11:44:02 AM »
S-T-S?????

ludedude

• View Profile
What to bring for CC?
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2005, 11:45:14 AM »
shoulder to shoulder.... yes?

PilotHawK

• View Profile