Author Topic: What to change on the Pilot  (Read 5585 times)

Ozpilot

• View Profile
What to change on the Pilot
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:25 AM »
These might help

canpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2005, 01:05:25 AM »
Quote from: "Ozpilot"
These might help

Hey OzPilot - could you email me these pics, I am having trouble seeing them on this site. I will pm you. Thanx

canpilot

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2005, 09:41:26 AM »
I'll put them in the gallery Collin...you said you can see them there?

canpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2005, 10:57:24 AM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
I'll put them in the gallery Collin...you said you can see them there?

Thanx Brian, Ozpilot sent them to me. :D

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Re: What to change on the Pilot
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2005, 01:42:42 PM »
Quote from: "canpilot"
#10(First)... get rid of the belt and go chain driven with a tranny and a shifter. By now someone would have figured out some kind of air-operated push-button shifting mechanism or something. These things would just rip!

Ever drive an off road car that you have to shift??

It's a complete and total pain in the arse.  Fun for 5 minutes then it becomes a labor.

Actuating the shifting's not a problem.  Air shifter, electronic shifter, manual shifter - easy to do, easy to operate and setup - but the whole shifting thing is a pain - remember, you have to add a clutch pedal/lever to have a manual tranny too.

The CVT setup really is the way to go in a small car.  (and many of the larger off road cars run automatics)
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Bucked

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2005, 05:45:48 PM »
I've driven a "Sidewinder" from TheEdge. Shifting it was a bitch and it never really got any easier as time went on. Some have pointed out that once it is rolling, you can shift without a clutch if you want. The other thing that bugged the crap out of me was that it had rack and pinion steering. Between shifting and trying to turn the freakin thing, I was all over the place. I considered that buggy and accident waiting to happen.
  Now that there are Rekluse and Revloc "auto" clutches, I wonder if one of the street bike motors could be easily adapted to a Pilot while retaining the stock tranny. You could servo the shifter and pick "the right one" for different speeds and terrains. Anybody got a spare CRF450X with an auto clutch I can borrow? I guess I could just buy one and swap the motor back and forth......

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2005, 09:00:25 PM »
Rekluse makes one for the XR650R..and joe racer makes an electric start kit for it as well   :o  :o

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2005, 09:01:48 PM »
I like the sounds of the suzukit 660 turbo, the one used in the Arctic Cat 660ST sled....is that the same as used in the Drak?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 09:16:01 AM »
Quote from: "Bucked"
Anybody got a spare CRF450X with an auto clutch I can borrow? I guess I could just buy one and swap the motor back and forth......

Get away from my bike!  :shock:

Bucked - the autoclutch idea is a good one! (wow, just how DO you come up with those???)

It would eliminate the need to deal with one more lever, but still, shifting a car sucks.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'