Author Topic: Pic  (Read 2842 times)

Odyssey-340TWN

• View Profile
Pic
« on: March 26, 2005, 05:14:18 PM »
i took this after i came home from ridning in the pit by my house, i turned a large puddle into a very large mud pit, it was pretty fun
79 odyssey, 340 twin
    340 twin 2 stroke motor swap
 message me to talk about my buggy or to tell me about yours

Tman

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2005, 10:33:25 PM »
That's mud? Got a trailer for that thing...? Lude and I'll show you some mud. Know about the May run?

Odyssey-340TWN

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 09:12:32 AM »
when and where is this run, if theres other odysseys there i'm in
79 odyssey, 340 twin

Tman

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2005, 09:16:42 AM »
Lude,
When and where is "The May Run" this year?  8)
PS Happy Easter Bud

ludedude

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2005, 09:26:33 AM »
May two-four weekend !!!Always :)  As for the run, lately there's a few scattered ones.....

Myra Road by the airport into the sawdust pit

Last year we heard too many cops were going to be there so we went to Coldstream....Don't think I ever uploaded any of that video footage....have to do that...some good mud shots in there...

Had fun last year...even if we missed stuff like we saw the year before at the sawdust pit....girls in their skimpies mud wrestling!!! LOL

All in all a good time whichever venure you pick ;)

Tman

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2005, 05:51:53 PM »
Two years ago Lude and I did the Myra Road (if you can call it a road). There was everything there from Hummers to Pilots. It gets a bit ominous past the saw dust pit - old carcasses of jeeps and landrovers by the side of the trail. The cops were out front checking for licensing though.

Last year we did Coldstream. I don't think there were any Odysseys but there were ATVs galore. The main attraction, other than our three Pilots of course, were the souped up home grown trucks. Lude, you ought to post the footage for the memory and the inspiration for this year.

In one particular stretch, Lude's brother while "driving" rolled his Pilot by doing either a fast U turn or he caught an edge. Anyway, the Pilot landed on its roof and the guys following behind in their trucks thinking that this was a serious accident brought their trucks to screaching halt in front of him. Through the din of the dust, I saw their doors fly open as they ran to his "rescue." Meanwhile, I don't think Lude nor I even got out of our Pilots for laughing so hard. As I recall the engine was still running and he was hanging by his Team Tech Harness (shameless plug). I think he told them to flip him over and then he took off as fast as he arrived. They seemed a little surprised by the agility of the vehicle and its contents (so was I, considering he was almost 40 at the time)...

You ought to consider coming and for any of you in the States (I come from Montreal - about 500 miles as the crow flies) there are miles and miles of logging roads, trails, hills, jumps, tracks virtually right off the back yard of Lude. Shoot, mostly we start right in Lude's yard. Though I must say we have found that the neighbors get a little snarly when we do "heat cycles" after 10:00 pm.  :twisted:  But what the hay, its the country, man!

Odyssey-340TWN

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2005, 08:11:47 PM »
i live in porters lake, the other end of teh lake of myra road but to drive to myra road but its like a 5 minute drive, it we could get a lot of odysseys together and stuff we could all get together and go out there, any weekend, and then we could always have a barbcue here afterwords. also the fact that the road i live on, its a paved island and people on it dont care about driving on it so its like one big race track LOL so there could be plenty of fun.  

also i know tons of trails in porters lake, and i know the trail system down in lake charlotte to ship harbour and those trails if anyone wants to get together and go for a weekend down there
79 odyssey, 340 twin

Odyssey-340TWN

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2005, 08:14:36 PM »
BTW has anyone noticed the sweet winch on teh front of my buggy, i get teased for that a lot but i think its awesome, it works like a bandit
79 odyssey, 340 twin

ludedude

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 12:23:44 AM »
Quote from: "Tman"

In one particular stretch, Lude's brother while "driving" rolled his Pilot by doing either a fast U turn or he caught an edge. Anyway, the Pilot landed on its roof and the guys following behind in their trucks thinking that this was a serious accident brought their trucks to screaching halt in front of him. Through the din of the dust, I saw their doors fly open as they ran to his "rescue." Meanwhile, I don't think Lude nor I even got out of our Pilots for laughing so hard. As I recall the engine was still running and he was hanging by his Team Tech Harness (shameless plug). I think he told them to flip him over and then he took off as fast as he arrived. They seemed a little surprised by the agility of the vehicle and its contents (so was I, considering he was almost 40 at the time)...

Hehehe...that was funny I had forgotten about that...he was doing a U-Turm on the logging road and ended upside down in the ditch (dry one). We were pretty sure he was safe, but the other guys...well they laughed afterwards to...."tip me over quick...before anyone esle comes.."   LOL

I'll try and piece some video footage together.  ;)

pilotrocker11

Pic
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2005, 06:44:22 AM »
i'd like to c that since it was my father and all

Tman

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2005, 08:26:42 AM »
Even if we had footage of that, I think it would be too much for your young mind seeing as he only flipped it going about two miles an hour  :)  ... Its really almost too much for me and I'm a "grown-up!" (Would the rest of the Pilot world care to ride with us???) Now had he been traveling at least a bit faster and rolled it several times, I could see us all bearing that easier  8) and possibly calling him "family" sooner (my brother-in-law, your father).

ludedude

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2005, 07:30:57 PM »

Tman

• View Profile
Pic
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2005, 10:32:48 PM »
Now that's what I call mud and only one sound better than that - a Pilot at full boar!
I consider myself sufficiently inspired...