Author Topic: Ludedude,OMF beadlock rim order  (Read 3167 times)

Damon

Ludedude,OMF beadlock rim order
« on: December 27, 2004, 07:57:38 PM »
I'm ready to order a set of OMF beadlocks. Just let me know the price and time frame and what payment you would like.

Thanks Damon

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2004, 08:52:57 AM »
In a hurry? Let's put the word out and see if anymore want any...I think I'm going to order a couple, minimum.....I think there may be some more guys around me that want some. Maybe we can get enough for a bulk buy (min 20) and get some better pricing.

I prefer PayPal....I'll contact OMF and get some details and see what we can get for a deal.

Damon

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2004, 12:04:58 PM »
kind of in a hurry,money burns a hole in pocket if you know what i mean, but i will do my best. let me know an estimate time if you could.

Thanks Damon

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2004, 03:45:47 PM »
OK lol...just sent them a fax asking for some current details...see if they have any specials on ;) I'll let you know ASAP.

vfrpilot

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2004, 07:57:08 AM »
I might be interested in a set too!  What offset are they? (fronts and rears) I'm checking in to HiPer to see what they can do.  Just want to maintain the offset on the front as much as possible.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2004, 08:11:26 AM »
t I have been getting is the 4+2's...closest available aftermarket rims as far as I know. I know Livewire's working or had been on something. I find the 4+2's not too bad, but they do introduce a bit, a very little bit, feedback into the steering. No where near the 3+2's of 2+3's though.

What I am personally running is 3.875+1.125 on the front. I can use these becuase I run 4/144 hubs up front with my disc brake setup. These feel like stock, I haven't measured them against stock, but by feel I feel no difference. I am making a few sets of disc brakes kits available hopefully soon in the new year.

Oh...rears are stock 4+5 offset

http://www.p-o-ps.com/coppermine_dir/displayimage.php?album=19&pos=2 nice shot of Pilot Sniper's rims

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2004, 08:13:21 AM »
PS I think OMF's closed until the new year...no reply from them as of yet..sorry

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Offset
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2005, 01:56:24 PM »
The disk brake setup most likely most the wheels in some itself so you would not need as much offset. Even a 4+2 once made into a beadlock becomes about 4+ 2 3/4. I would see if they will cut the original lip off the wheel first to keep the outside width to a minimum.

Right now I am trying to get the inner halves to my custom wheels made in a rolled lip like the Douglas Ultimate. It turns out the ultimate wheels are only .160 though. I am looking to get a rolled lip .190 made that would be the strongest wheel available.

You can see pictures of my wheels in this eBay auction.

ludedude

• View Profile
Re: Offset
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2005, 04:25:25 PM »
Quote from: "LiveWire"
The disk brake setup most likely most the wheels in some itself so you would not need as much offset.

I assume (I know...dangerous)...that you meant "move" the wheels in. Guess I'd should measure mounting surface to mounting surface on the drum setup and on the disk brake setup and see if the 250R hubs are moved inward compared to the stock drum hubs...

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 08:15:00 PM »
Sorry for the delay..I just got a fax from OMF, the guy who I used to deal with is no longet there  :?

Anyhow, I adjusted the prices in my store..(dropped a bit more)...I can do better if we can put an order of 24 or more rims, otherwaie price is as on the site.

Again, sorry for the delay

http://p-o-ps.com/store