Author Topic: FL350 flooding carb  (Read 2098 times)

pchiarizio

FL350 flooding carb
« on: January 14, 2005, 08:06:46 PM »
This tuning how-to is great, but how about a flooding carb, from all 3 tubes?  float/float valve problme I've been told, but the float measures 16mm in the stock 350 keihin PE32 I have and the gas still pours out the overflow tubes.  Replaced the 3-way valve, same thing.  Any ideas?

ludedude

• View Profile
FL350 flooding carb
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 08:57:12 PM »
needle sticking?

remove the carb and the bowl...lift the float...try to blow (with your own air pressure not a compressed line) through the fuel inlet...with the floats lifted you should not be able to, let them fall and you should be able to. That'll tell you if your needle is seating properly and shutting the fuel supply off.

Try that first.

pchiarizio

FL350 flooding carb
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 09:45:05 PM »
The float valve seems to have two "set points" for lack of a better term, took it apart and the rubber tip is MIA, never would have known to look for it except I just ordered parts to rebuild the carb and the new float valve has a rubber tip.

Go figure.  Hope that's all it is, but I'm replacing everything but the carb body anyway just to be safe.  Nothing like inheriting other peoples problems, guess that's to be expected with a 20-year old rig.

ludedude

• View Profile
FL350 flooding carb
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 09:47:30 PM »
suck...but yup that's the way it goes ;)