Author Topic: New Members - let us know who you are  (Read 32515 times)

DMoneyAllstar

• Hello. My name is Dan, and I'm addicted to buggies
    • View Profile
Re: New Members - let us know who you are
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2011, 08:44:54 PM »
I'm Dan from the Toledo, OH area.  Spent most of my time on that "other site", ha.  I've owned a few FL250's, and once thought I was going to build an ST2 buggy from scratch.  Instead, I picked up a cherry FL250 and basket case FL350 for $1300.  So the FL250 for $850, so in essence I paid $450 for a complete FL350 plus extra engine and parts.  Been building it up every since as well as hoarding parts.  Got a top-end job, water-cool head, piston treatment, and quite a few other tid-bits from Aftershock this past summer.  Been working on the rig here and there.  I've got everything 99% wired and ready to go.  Then on Dec 13th, my daughter was born. So...the buggy is on the backburner for a month or few.
'85 FL350R Odyssey
'88 LT500R Quadzilla

Corn, beans, wheat, and trees - no sand!

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2011, 08:59:41 PM »
I'm Dan from the Toledo, OH area.  Spent most of my time on that "other site", ha.  I've owned a few FL250's, and once thought I was going to build an ST2 buggy from scratch.  Instead, I picked up a cherry FL250 and basket case FL350 for $1300.  So the FL250 for $850, so in essence I paid $450 for a complete FL350 plus extra engine and parts.  Been building it up every since as well as hoarding parts.  Got a top-end job, water-cool head, piston treatment, and quite a few other tid-bits from Aftershock this past summer.  Been working on the rig here and there.  I've got everything 99% wired and ready to go.  Then on Dec 13th, my daughter was born. So...the buggy is on the backburner for a month or few.

Congrats on the new addition!!!!! Kids do have a way of changeing priorities..... Glad you decided to share your web time here....There is definately more traffic on other sites,but we hope that changes in the near future.....This could easily turn into a place with just as much valuable info....One thing you won't have to worry about here is being called stupid,a mutt, or a dumb a$@ etc........Don't get me started on that....
Hoodlum

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #62 on: December 19, 2011, 12:09:41 PM »
ok been here for a while now, got this oddy last year and have spent lots of $$$ since then, new fenders, LT front end, works shocks, aluminum roof, side palenls, aux lights, new 102c w/heel clickers, and new driven, new ujoints,(althoght looks as though I will have to re replace them they are GMB units), new shift cabels, new throttle cable, quad readout digitron, nerf bars, thanks to Steve for taking the time to talk over the phone and via many emails.. here are some before and after pics.
aloha joe

It's looking really sharp Joe.

mightystork

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2012, 02:34:55 AM »
Howdy.....I am the mightystork, and this my first post.
I am restoring my '79 fl250 ....I've sunk some $ in it over the years, including aftermarket shocks, tires, exhaust, gauges and clutch.
I had the motor ported and polished and all the internal parts coated w/  this black stuff (RPM in Toledo). I run a water cooled head and a 40mm Lectron carb. I am currently putting in a goki electric starter with one of those small lite, sealed batteries. I live in northern California east of San Francisco. if anyone out there knows a nice place to ride.......I don't know of any sandy spots

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2012, 10:14:25 PM »
Welcome!!!! Know of some great places if you ever visit the east coast!!!!

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:03 AM »
Welcome to the site... Can't help you much for west coast riding but got you hooked up if you come to the midwest.
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

juliorivera02

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2016, 03:18:21 PM »
Hello! I 'm new to the group.
Deputy project and accept my recommendations.

tthompson442

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2016, 11:30:59 AM »
Hey!  I'm new to FL350s!  My brother and I have been a dual sport bikers for the last 10 years.  He likes to say, 'With age comes a cage'!  So he got a Pilot and I got a Odyssey.  We are in the Flint MI area.  Not to close though!  We can usually be found on the Leotta to Saint Helen trails.  MI DNR has opened more trails to the RZR crowds so these will be a nice transition.

Selling:  2002 SOS plated KTM 400 EXC.  ThumperRacing big bore 453 and massaged carb.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #68 on: October 31, 2016, 08:42:28 AM »
Welcome. Might have to meet on a riding trip some day.

flick400R89

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2016, 06:23:06 AM »
Hello all new to the group and new owner of a 89 honda fl400r pilot, im from Wisconsin and can't wait until next riding season

Woodsbob209

• I am bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2023, 04:14:11 AM »
New and hopeful to get my fl350 back on the road
Hell ya