Author Topic: vroom-luke-durhamtown ride  (Read 2083 times)

tsutton44

vroom-luke-durhamtown ride
« on: December 01, 2004, 09:35:21 AM »
new 350 motor is here and installed ,just have to add the oil for the engine balancer and fire it up and get it broke in.Though for the ride in Durhamtown - I got the axles back together in the suburban and im still not liking what im hearing in there.There may be another problem in the differential,so i am going to have to pull the cover and take a look see.I think something may be loose in the ring and pinion ?I ran it up to rockingham last night and it seemed good but i still think there is something going on that shouldnt be.I will know more later today.  tim

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2004, 10:31:17 AM »
Cool, good luck with the new engine ;) And hope all's well in the differential, Tim.

tsutton44

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2004, 12:29:30 PM »
I guess my planed ride trip to Durhamtown plantation isnt going to happen this time either.This morning things got worse by the minute.I recieved a phone call from my engine builder and was informed there may be a problem with the new motor (lube holes in the piston)he wasnt sure if they were done or not.So i tear it apart to take a look see into the exhaust and it seems it will be ok and he did do the lube holes.As i was talking with him on the phone i look under my truck to see this (pics).I noticed the oil but figured it was from refilling the front differential last night after i had just pulled both axles and replaced joints, seals and bearings along with spindle bearings and seals.I took it for about a 45 minute cruise after i got it all back together last night and though something wasnt quite right but not this bad and now the rear differential!  :cry:

tsutton44

luke - vroom - lude -see ride reports/trips
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 12:39:45 PM »
I am not a happy camper at the moment . BREW TIME  :!:

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 12:41:25 PM »
Yeah, I read the other post...sucks man! I'll have one in your name...cheers!

Vrroom

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 10:17:42 PM »
Sorry to hear you're not going to make it Tim. Not to worry......there will be plenty of time to ride in the spring.

Try to get some info on that "litte saudi" place that's near you. I hear they have some sand dunes. If so, I wanna ride there. Let me know what you find out.

See ya,
Vrroom

tsutton44

« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2004, 10:01:56 AM »
hey jamie,i just cant seem to get a break lately!If i can get it fixed in time then i will be their but i doubt it.I am probably going to have to change out the complete rear differential ? I was so bummed after seeing what had happened,that i didnt even look into it yesterday.I am going to pull the cover off today and take a look.when you have metal pieces protruding out thru the differential cover things are not bound to be good  :(  .I will fire up the new motor in the fl350 today too,so hopefully that will go good.I have seen a web page on little saudi and will check into it more in a moment and get back with some info.I do know that some or most of the place is more four wheel friendly with mudholes and such.I did read an article from The Steel Riders ? a group of four wheelers that had visited the place and their report was somewhat along the lines of( the place was like a ghost town ?)they didnt know where to go and could not find the owner or person who runs the place,it was a wierd article.let me see what i can dig up. tim

tsutton44

tsutton44

cant get a break
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2004, 03:52:11 PM »
well looks like the carnage is going to keep me busy at home for a while.time to switch out rear differentials  :(