Author Topic: sh@t,da$m,smuck,crap - Time for a new motor transplant :(  (Read 2547 times)

tsutton44

sh@t,da$m,smuck,crap - Time for a new motor transplant :(
« on: October 27, 2004, 07:56:49 PM »
went out for a while tonight ,warmed her up good went scootin down the sand roads out here for a bit and then decided to check out the power lines and associated property.Come to find out it is an excellent area to run around and proceeded to cut me a nice fairly high speed oval track besides running down the trails which to my surprise were real nice and they go for who knows how long ! anyway while making the oval she just up and died.Had been running it fairly hard but not bad.Just got back from a mile and a half walk back to the house,grabbed the truck and trailer and headed back.Needless to say the buggy was a quarter mile down the trail in the sand and had to push the bugger out onto the road and trailer.I'M pooped  initial plug check doesnt look bad.havent gotten up the energy yet to pull the head off.she's locked though. going to consider a 440 this time around i think ? dont know, im too tired to get pissed yet.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 09:04:35 PM »
Sucks buddy...been there done that...just recently actually....hang in there ;)

tsutton44

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 09:37:26 PM »
It was a new motor ,not even near 10 hrs on it.At least it is only at an 80mm bore,should have plenty left.probably a minor lean condition and the stinkin wiesco pistons  :x

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 10:40:30 PM »
can't blame the wiseco's for improper jetting.
I would look the motor over real good. air leak? lean? lots of stuff could go wrong. It'll be a lot less headach if you rebuild and not reengineer

tsutton44

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 11:17:16 PM »
i am begining to wonder if a reed let loose.tommorrow i will find out and will post some pics. Tunning was very close.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 11:32:43 PM »
pressure check it before you take it apart. better to find a leak now then after you get it back together.

tsutton44

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 11:53:25 PM »
yep,good advice hawk,i was planning on it.

tsutton44

motor pickup
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2004, 04:37:34 PM »
runnin up to pick up the motor from don tonight.should be their around 2 to 4pm tommorrow.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2004, 09:30:33 PM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
It'll be a lot less headach if you rebuild and not reengineer

Somehow I think these words are gonna come back and bite you in the ass. :D

I'll hopefully be watching when they do.   :shock:
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2004, 09:35:43 PM »
Good thing I don't mind a challenge. And by the way. you can bite my ass right after those words do.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2004, 07:51:31 AM »
Quote from: "PilotHawK"
Good thing I don't mind a challenge. And by the way. you can bite my ass right after those words do.

:P

There's the answer I was expecting!!!
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

tsutton44

« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2004, 07:17:43 AM »
lmfao,motor is back  :D  Hawk i am figuring you are referring to the carb i have on it at the moment ? The 39mm pwk.As it turns out it was not my tunning that caused the siezure.The tunning was very close at the time everything went south.Turns out that the main bearings spun from deteriorating cases(bearing bores were flaking,falling apart).bearings spun damaged the cases bad and caused the seal leak and initial siezure.The bore,crank and rod and bearings were still good .The cases,gaskets seals and piston and rings were replaced.( for those that need to know,the motor case center gasket is no longer available from honda ! ). I am though considering reinstalling the stock carb hawk just to see what it will run like.we'll know probably tommorow as i havent even started to get it back together yet.I have to  :twisted: Shoe Goo the motor mounts into the cases and let them sit for a bit.