Author Topic: Hard to Shift FL350  (Read 2481 times)

vtoddy350

Hard to Shift FL350
« on: September 18, 2004, 09:06:54 PM »
I recently replaced the belt on my oddy and now when i try to shift into forward it grinds.  Shifting into reverse is no problem.      

HELP!!

Odyknuck

• View Profile
Hard to Shift FL350
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2004, 09:39:36 AM »
A new belt will tend to grap and engage the clutchs. Are you sure the belt is the right length ? The 350 will grind when going into gear. This is normal. Is your idel set to high. Are you runing the stock drive ckutch.

tsutton44

Hard to Shift FL350
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2004, 12:37:19 PM »
My fl 350 hardly grinds at all even with a new belt and i am running the 94c drive and driven combination with the comet belt which is even a tad shorter than the stock type belts.If the idle is set right or a tad low it shouldnt grind.It will at times but usually only when the idle is hanging a bit after a rev of the throttle.They grind because the driven is spinning to fast,idle needs to come down a bit.There may also be a driven clutch issue on yours,make sure it is lubed with the right dry lubricant.If your in a hurry you can do this to stop some of the grinding.Lay a leg outside of the buggy and roll the front tire back and forth and put it in gear while doing this.It should not grind but go into gear easily.

vtoddy350

Hard to Shift FL350
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2004, 01:55:09 PM »
I am running the stock clutch and a new belt from the sledpartsguy for the Fl350r. My idel is alittle high, I will try lowering it and see if it get better....thank you
Odyknuck, I just put on the seat cover it looks great....Thanks

Odyknuck

• View Profile
Hard to Shift FL350
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2004, 04:53:07 PM »
You will still get  grinding with the stock clutch. Lowering the idle will help. The 94C and the 102C helps that issue alot (for Moskito) Glad you liked the seat cover.