Author Topic: Redrider,Vroom,Luke and or anyone else  (Read 2513 times)

tsutton44

Redrider,Vroom,Luke and or anyone else
« on: September 12, 2004, 11:46:48 AM »
when are you guys planning the georgia plantation ride ?The name escapes me at the moment  :shock:

rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 11:53:05 AM »
The place is Durhamtown Plantation.
http://durhamtown.com/index.htm
Right now it looks like the weekend of Oct 30-31.  
Some of us might try to hit Enoree, Cedar Springs, or Parson's Mountain earlier.
Did you ever try Little Saudi?

rocketman

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 11:56:50 AM »
I just opened an email from Luke indicating he was now looking at Oct 22-23 due to lodging availability.
We'll try to let you know when it settles down.

tsutton44

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2004, 08:53:30 AM »
thanks rocketman,i am looking forward to a ride with you guys.Little saudi,no not yet .I read an article or two on it ,sounds like a small place and a lot of mud ?sounds more four wheeler friendly but till i see it ,who knows.I thought i heard there was dunes thier ?I have been working on my buddy's 300ex and the fl350.I am putting in a new TeamTech 5pt harness and hopefully a skid plate before ecj hits at the end of the month.Any of you guys going to attend the ecj ?

redrider

• View Profile
ule like dp
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2004, 09:04:41 AM »
If it is the weekend of Oct 22-23, I can probably attend.  I think you'll really like Durhamtown Plantation.  It can be a little pricey but is the easiest and nicest place for the Pilots in our region.  Plan on being there Saturday night for the meal!

tsutton44

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 07:10:19 AM »
hey Red,i may just have to skip the ecj trip due to truck problems(muffler and valve job,cam replacement) it's getting worse by the day now and other responsibilities are cropping up here too,which is making it bad timing for the ecj ride now.Though i should be able to get it fixed up pretty quick for durhamtown and anything nearby.The sat. night meal ? durhamtown or ecj ?Why you selling your pilot ?

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2004, 08:57:06 AM »
Quote from: "tsutton44"
Why you selling your pilot ?

'cause he's too short to see over the steering yoke and it tends to make him miss corners at the end of long, high speed straights. :?

You should see the arms suddenly get stiff as he braces for impact.... :shock:
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

tsutton44

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2004, 01:38:56 PM »
:lol:

redrider

• View Profile
short eh?
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2004, 03:29:23 PM »
Bug - Seems I made that turn with a little room to spare!  But it did creep up on me   :)  

TS - The Saturday night meal at Durhamtown is outstanding!!!    As for selling the Pilot, all I can really say is that I feel done for now.  It "may" stay in the stable but if a buyer shows up, it's gone.

stoneman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2004, 07:45:10 PM »
Pilot puss!

tsutton44

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2004, 12:53:25 PM »
FYI for those in the area s.carolina-there is a new go-kart track opened up about 5 minutes from the house.They are running from what i hear 100+mph karts.If anyone wants info just holler.It is in marlboro county.and as far as i know have been running on saturday nights.