Author Topic: Lude, Power Bloc clutch Problems..Help ASAP  (Read 2092 times)

pilotdude

Lude, Power Bloc clutch Problems..Help ASAP
« on: July 28, 2004, 04:33:06 PM »
Today when I was going over my engine, and clutch witch is easy to see sense my trans is out for a re-build right now. I noticed the my face plate on the power bloc shifted AGAIN. The face keeps shifting counter clock wise. I first noticed this the first time I tried to get it off to change the weights, and the face did not want to come off because it was shifted and dug into the weight blocks. So I figured maybe I didnt have it on the D washer set up perfect, well this time when I put it back on I did it the same way I did before and It had all lined up perfect and the D's fit together, so I cranked it down to 87 ft/lbs. Well the same thing happened again. I had taken my trans apart because that were I thought the squeaky nosises were comming from, yes a couple of the bearigngs were a little bad and needed replacing, but now IM thinking the nosie was coming from the power bloc, I also noticed that the thick black line that moskito drew on the face so I could tell if the clutch was shiftting out all the way and allowing the belt to go up the face all the way is not all worn off. The top 1/2inch is still there. So could my sqeakying be coming from the weight blocks not being allowed to shift out all the way because the face cover is holding them in and not allowing the belt to shift up the face? This clutch is only 2months old, and only has 2 rides on it witch equal about 10-12 hrs. Is there some way you could re-place my cover, and clutch face that had the crank part on it? Obvisouly there is something deffective. I could keep the outer clutch face and weights, Im pretty sure it just needs a new cover and inner clutch face...I hope this dosnt take long and my trans is ready to go back in, and we will be riding soon again........

PD

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 04:59:39 PM »
Shifted and dug into the weights? You could not have had the D washer lined up correctly. If the cap shifts with the Dwasher, the rivets must have broke off, allowing the cap to rotate, or the cap was not installed on the D washer correctly. I'd say that's where the squeking was coming from....I'm suprised it shifted out as well as it did. If it was lined up originally and slipped the D's would have been "smushed" not allowing them to line up easily again.

You said it dug into the weights...are the pucks(orange pieces) damaged at all? If you have too few weights you may not shift out all the way, especially if you have added sliding resistance due to mis-alignment/slippage of the cover.

I'm all out of clutches, though I have been thinking of putting in another order. If you can prove there is/was something defective and not installed wrong....CVTech may send you replacement parts, that's if they made any more than the 50 I ordered. But I truely feel they will say it was installed wrong. The only way it can rotate is if those rivets are broke or it was not lined up correctly at time of install.

I'm just stating what I know they will say. I will call them and see if they have any spare parts, but I'm on nights now, (they're closed now) and won't be off until Friday.

pilotdude

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 05:30:47 PM »
I can say in my own deffense that this is not the first power bloc Ive installed. I have two other pilot with them on and never had a problem. The edge of the D of the face is more round on "|" side then pointed as on the other two clutches....When the clutch is off and the D is in it lock , but when u turn it it slides about 1/8 inch. The pucks have no damaged, just that they are shifted a little.... I really hope that replacement would not be issued as this is a new product that coast several hundered dollars to buy, and to know that it is deffective and will not be re-placed is over wheelming. I own a business my self, and know that when I install water heaters and such, that If they are deffective it is replaced at no coast to the customer.... I do not want to turn this into a big hassle, but a deffective product is a deffective product.

PD

pilotdude

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 05:42:10 PM »
After further examination, ounce the clutch is off(first time I ever took the clutch complety off) when the D are together it still allows the face to shift a little less then 1/8 inch...Still not me lineing up the D's correctly???I dont think so, Its more like a lose fit between the D's on the clutch, witch is also known a defect..........

PD

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2004, 06:32:49 PM »
Pilotdude, ease up. I'll help all I can. Just watch how you repsond about me on other boards, it really cuts into a person's willingness to help out when you bad mouth them, even if it is on another board.

I do not want it to turn into a big hassle either. If I made the clutches, I'd replace it in a flash. But since I do not ihave to rely on CVTech, and I'm sure you remember the hassle I had with them toget this deal in the first place. All I did was state what I am confident CVT will say. Not in anyway doubting your ability, or know how, just realizing how they've been in the past.

As i said, I'm on nights right now and couldn't call them before I left for work, they were already closed when I read your post. I will call them as soonas I can and see what I can do. All I did was put together a group buy, you expect me to stand behind a product I do not make? If you were to order WORKS shocks from me and they were defective, would you expect me to repair them? I'm only setup as a reseller, the manufacturer is responsible for their product. But as i said I will help all I can. If I can't get replacement parts for you and do put another order in, I'll take one apart and send you parts.

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2004, 06:55:29 PM »
Pilotdude,

I was missing parts on my PowerBloc order due to a badly ripped-open box during transit. Ludedude took care of my problem by shipping out replacement parts at his expense the very next day. It is not the first time he has done this for me (or any other of his customers) and I'm certain it won't be the last. Give him an opportunity (READ: time) to investigate the issue and I'm certain he will do his best to make the situation right.

I may be talking out of line here, but I call 'em like I see 'em!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2004, 10:15:31 PM »
I must agree with Pilotsniper on this one.  Brian has went out of his way to make people happy with these clutchs including myself. I am sure if he had the parts they would be on there way to you. Technically he is not responsiable for the product however he has taken a loss on some of these to make good on manufacturing and shipping issues beyond his control. So Please give him the benifit of the dought and dont  spread bad rumors. We have enough of that in our small community. Being a consumer myself  I understand exactly how you feel.  Being a Vender I also understand how he feels. Just food for thought.
The bottom line is if we dont support the venders they will not be around to support us with products in the future.  :?