Author Topic: Changed weights on Power Bloc...rpm engage results  (Read 2688 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Changed weights on Power Bloc...rpm engage results
« on: June 27, 2004, 08:16:43 PM »
Did some playing with the Power Bloc clutch today. Used the Digatron to monitor RPM of when the pilot started to move on a level, smooth cement floor. Looks like 1 weight from each puck is worth about 150 rpm. This numbers are approximations. Any one else have to share/compare?

12 weigths = 3800 rpm
10 weights = 4100 rpm
8   weights = 4400 rpm

From 12 down to 8...whole new beast! The arse end breaks loose big time  :P

To remove the cap I used a pipe wrench to hold the clutch. Opened it up to grab one of the 3 puck slides. Then put a piece of pipe on the wrench, the pipe catches the roof or the ead support cross bar, depending on wether you're loosening or tightening. Worked great :D Put a little aluminum holder on the clutch to keep the halves together, and pulled the crank bolt. Marked each puck so they would go back into the same slides they came out of.

I'm going to stay at 8 for now and see how that works out, for the short ride I went on...I LIKE IT!  :wink:

pilotdude

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2004, 09:48:07 AM »
Lude, I also just did some power bloc tunning.  I droped my weights from 12 to 7. I like it a lot. What spring are you running in the clutch. I have the black one that came with it, I belive its the 3 5/8 right? Also Im reading 3900 rpm on engagment with the 7weights per puck. I will have to douple check that and make sure im correct/ and my gauge is correct :lol: The digital one I have always seemed to be a little slow reading the rpm's

PD

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2004, 09:50:34 AM »
I'm running the same spring. Down to 7 eh!? Hmmmm...me thinks I'll try 7 or six then ;)

Do you know what you where engaging at with 12?

sicksand

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2004, 01:10:30 AM »
So just getting the clutch what should one do?I thought that you were saying 10 to 11 was a good place to start,are you saying that we should consider less to start out?

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 04:55:12 AM »
No, 12 is a good place to start, otherwise you never experience it for yourself.

pilotdude

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 10:42:15 PM »
Plus mine and ludedude's engine are modified-including porting,head working, pipe etc... With the 12 Im pretty sure it was arouind 3200? Ill check my dads pilot, he running 11. Also I noticed that his pilot from a stand still will pull wheelies just like yours lude, but mine wont. Its not that I care im just woundering why? He has the pipe, 39mm carb, and clutch, no porting. I have pcp porting, pipe clutch, and intake- but no carb. Could it be the 22 inch holeshots that IM running? My dads pilot runs the stock tires all around? Ill get back to you by friday with rpm numbers...

PD

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 10:45:23 PM »
What does your's do? If you're on pavement and you spin...you may too much torque ;) Or if it doesn't...maybe your driven spring is weak and your driven clutch is opening up too soon? 22's should help gain torque over 24's

redrider

• View Profile
wheelies
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2004, 05:50:49 PM »
popping those wheelies might be cool and the sensation, I agree, is pretty wild but one of you guys are gonna snap an axle doing that shit! and then where will you be?  lifting that weight and driving the machine forward with those cv joints is not wise.
an opinion nobody cares to hear but I've been wanting to say that for a long time   :)
oh yea, and have fun out there!  LOL

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2004, 09:09:08 AM »
Red that's just my Avatar, that's not me popping wheelies everytime I post :) LOL

I would have thought the slipper clutch would not allow enough torque transfer to allow snapping of CV due to raw torque on take off.

Oh and that wheelie in the avatar, that's coming off a lip on a hill ;)

The one in the video is on pavement and yeah, that's gotta put stress on the joints......but.......