Author Topic: How much can the coil deal with for extra lights???  (Read 1679 times)

Tattool23

• View Profile
How much can the coil deal with for extra lights???
« on: June 16, 2010, 11:39:16 PM »
I was wondering if I could hook up 2 more lights? Do u think the coil would handle that? Is there an actual number to go by for the output of the coil or stator? I don't want there to be any issues or hurt anything. Please let me now. Thanks.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: How much can the coil deal with for extra lights???
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »
There was a dealer option of two more lights installed on the front bumper. The switch would go in the rectangle indentation on the yoke. If I recall correctly, the lights are 35 watts, so that would have been 140 total possible approved by Honda. So you could also replace the two stock lights with 70 watt ones and be good. You can change the tail light to an LED and gain the difference from what is in there too. People have ran 4 lights exceeding the output of the stator and turn two them off when not needed. It will draw off the battery if you exceed the output. If you draw more than the battery and the stator can flow, you'll lose spark. When your starter is going bad, the engine won't spark while be cranked, but will with the pull start.

Tattool23

• View Profile
Re: How much can the coil deal with for extra lights???
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2010, 12:06:56 AM »
Ok cool. So I can total 140 watts. I wanted to mount 2 lights up higher. On trails I ride u sit so low to the ground it is hard to c over bumps and hills. Thanks for the info.