Author Topic: First ride impressions  (Read 1521 times)

El ponzone

First ride impressions
« on: June 24, 2004, 11:08:47 PM »
Took the LT Pilot out today for a very short scoot.  Here are my impressions.

1.  Steering is odd, kinda a push/pull while rotating.  I'll get use to it.

2.  Wow does this clutch engage high (power bloc).  It's fine, but took a little getting use to.

3.  Wide turning radius, lots of push.  How much camber do you guys run?   Sure you can whip the ass end around with throttle, but push seems extreme.

4.  She really moves!  I don't know what has been done to this motor, but it seems like alot more than 37HP.

5.  You really need a big area to enjoy it.  We will be building a track so that's not a problem.

Well that's about it.  I think I'm gonna have alot of fun with this thing:)

pilotdude

First ride impressions
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 05:29:12 PM »
What engine is in it, the 400 or 500. Atv Racing can take a pilot bottom end, and mate in to a cr500 top end. You did say it was a stadium racer thats why I brought that up. If you can tell just post a pic of the engine bay. If it a 400 it was most likely ported, does it have any writing on the engine or head? Like does it say ATVR or PCP? What the compresion on your engine. Also many people in the past have had trouble with turing their lt machines. The lt kit was designed for desert racing and playing in the sand dunes, so a sharp turning radius was not a big concern. If you want to turn on a dime heres how you do it. Carry a lot of speed into the corner, then go hard on your back brakes this way the rear end will slide around, and trail the brakes to the apex of the corner, ounce at the apex let off the brakes and nail the throttle. Its what the rally driver do :lol: that where i learnt it :lol:

PD