Author Topic: Hillside Honda  (Read 6087 times)

mudbogger

Hillside Honda
« on: May 19, 2004, 05:54:30 PM »
How is it that every time I deal with Hillside Honda the order is either screwed up, sent to wrong address or the parts are wrong, not what I ordered or USED?A fringin cylinder took 3 months that was supposedly shipped 3 days after ordering?The last nightmare comes this week, ordered simply fuel filters,temp sensors,caliper for 1 of my pilots, got a used brake caliper with rotten seals, filters for some type of Gold wing and I am trying still to figure out what the heck sensor I got, looks like an O2 SENSOR from and F250.Why is it that they constantly screw the orders up, is help that hard to find, is the basic job of ordering a part that hard for the youth of American or in this case-Hillside Honda?Do there parts reps have a degree in stupidity?I have never in my long, nasty live had such shitty-unreliable service and I own 2 bis!!!!Sorry for the rant but they get alot of bis from the group and I for 1 don't plan on using them anymore.They just plan suck-rant off.

redrider

• View Profile
think out of the box
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 01:29:15 AM »
I suppose we, as a group, tend to try and purchase our Pilot necessities from certain suggested and accessible places favored by this online community with the intention of low prices or group discounts.  The usual discount is about 20% off suggested retail.
This is a suggestion and one that I've been very successful with.  I am aware that local dealers can be hard to deal with at times, but it is worth the effort to befriend someone there and develop a good dialog from your side of the parts counter.  I've done so in my home town and the experience has been pleasurable.
Recently I wanted to purchase a pair of rear fenders for my Pilot.  I checked Hillsides price and Service Hondas price before calling my local guy.  Usually, if they can come reasonably close I'll deal locally just to keep the money in my environment and maintain a friendly tone with the dealership should I need other services down the road.  It is so much so that they are willing to work on my Pilot if I desired it, even knowing that I do most, if not all of that myself.  Oh well, the fenders, I shared the two prices I had from online resources and told him if he could come close to that to just order them and let me know.  Two days later he called and informed me that the fenders would arrive in two days.  When I went to pick them up I was pleasantly surprised in that the price was less than those I proposed to him, I didn't get charged for any special shipping since they came in with a regular weekly order.  My total price, tax included was less that the total before shipping from either Hillside or Service.  
It didn't take any special feat of ass kissing to develop the relationship, just an honest intention of giving them my business if they could make it worth it for me.  In most cases over the last two years I've bought locally and saved money.  I also had a face and a name to confront should something come in wrong and it was resolved quickly.  Their service department has done some jug boring for me twice, reasonbly priced and good work.  I enjoyed not having to ship something off with the potential for the great wait.
I know this won't work for everyone, but it might be worth a try sometimes.  You might be pleasantly surprised yourself!
One hint - utilitize the available sites such as Service Honda and Parts Fish (if they still list part numbers) and have the numbers ready for what you need.  That makes for a great start and keeps some of the younger guys from having to figure out what in the hell is a Pilot  :)  It shows that you have a personal interest in him doing it right and everyone likes no mistakes.  Tell them where and for what you can get it online and add that you would prefer to give your local shop the opportunity to make that profit if they can meet or reasonably meet the price.  Good luck..

ludedude

• View Profile
Re: think out of the box
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 08:25:38 AM »
Quote from: "redrider"
That makes for a great start and keeps some of the younger guys from having to figure out what in the hell is a Pilot  :)

That's the problem I have  :lol:  since they weren't sold in Canada. And so none of the parts are available to Honda Canada, so they say, which I still think is strange. I can only get parts which are common to tother Honda ATV's  :roll:

I've dealt with Hillside a fair bit, and and have had pretty good service from them. They have only screwed up on one order (large one) and they sent out the replacement pretty quick.

I always try to deal with Toni, just becuase that's who I started out with. She seems quite knowledgable and helpful.

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Hillside Honda
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 09:03:38 AM »
I agree with Red on this one.  I generally use my local Honda/Yamaha dealer.

Get to know the parts guys, come in armed with part numbers and ask the parts mangler (manager) if he's willing to work with you on pricing if you'll be a regular.  "Hey, I have an old Pilot, how about getting a bit of a break on parts since we'll have to order about 99% of them.  I'll even bring in part numbers to make it all easier for you guys."

Use the prices from Service Honda (http://www.servicehonda.com/hard%20parts/atv/fl400r%2089-90/fl400%20frames%20page.htm), Hillside and Parts Fish (http://www.powersportspro.com/partsfish/login.asp) for leverage.  If your dealer will just match those prices you've already won, not having to pay shipping.

Pay for the stuff when you order and the dealer should call you when the parts are in.  Waltz in, grab your stuff and head home happy. Sweet and easy.

It will also let you check your order there at the dealer, so if there is a screw up, you don't have to send stuff back, try to get refunds/replacements and such over the phone or through e-mail.  There's a lot to be said about face to face dealings when it comes to getting things right or mistakes straightend out.

The more you can help them (dealer) out (especially, as Red points out, with a veichle that most of them have never even seen) the more they seem to help you out.

I always try to order my parts on Monday or Tuesday and as long as it's a stocked Honda item (in the warehouses), I usually have the parts on Thursday or Friday.  No shipping costs, no hassles, just a happy customer - which should be the goal of the dealership.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 08:05:52 AM »
Well my experience with Hillside is the complete oposite they have the worst service i have ever experienced in a retail business,they don't answer emails,they don't acknowledge orders hell i think they don't like making money ??
Man i have tried for nearly a month for them to accept an order of 7 Pilot parts,they even have my credit cards details and still don't want to get it together,got me totally F#*@ed how they run the place to be honest.I mean they don't take my emails so i get Frank in Ventura County to Fax the bloody thing to them to make sure it gets there then they turn around weeks later and say "we haven't ordered your parts you didn't confirm them"
Absolute shit service no other way to describe it !!

Totally pissed off with it all.

AD

ludedude

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 09:20:28 AM »
Sorry to hear you're getting the run-around  :x

I've had pretty good/great success with Hillside, speaking with Tevor or Toni. I have not tried emailing though, I usually call and have faxed a couple of times.

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 04:09:08 AM »
I gave them a bit of a razzle up on POOA yesterday and speak of the devil :shock:  they email me today to explain..COMPUTER PROBLEM... :oops:
Trevor said he has processed it and is very sorry,so all good...well they have to be shipped yet so who knows :wink:  LOL

Cheers
Aussieduner

PS
Lude,did you get my package away ? i need to fix you up with the postage + im all geared up to knock out 20 units straight away !

Cheers mate

ludedude

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 05:57:21 PM »
just emailed you ;) Glad things got straightened out with Hillside...

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 04:23:39 AM »
Well Hillside have done it again !!! :cry:
They asked for my mailing address no less than 3 TIMES,then proceed to ship my order to Frank Wood in Ventura...then charged Franks credit card for the full amount !!!!!! :oops:  WTF is the go with that ?
Ok so Frank emails me to tell me he has recieved my order...thats cool...so he checks it for me and guess what ? ITS WRONG how did i know that was going to happen.
Im totally fu#ked how they are capable of putting their pants on in the morning,im sure they are all STONED on weed or crack or something.

All i want are my parts,ive been good,i have money,please can i have them Mr Hillside ? :(

Cheers :evil:

ludedude

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 08:22:07 AM »
Hi again Tony  :P

I've had a couple small mix-ups with Hillside, but all in all, not bad. I agree their email service down right sucks, they're fax replies, are better, but not great. I know you've heard it before, but Hillside needs to be called. Get someone at the service desk, get their name...try Trevor or Toni (is she still there?). Set up an account with them...meaning have your address on file and a credit card on file. Phone them and give them this, and follow it up with a fax to ensure they get it right. I know it's a bit of a pain for you to call with the time difference. Ensure as well you let them know you want the good guy discount, and keep that on file. Hope those tips can help you have a better experience with Hillside.

Cheers.

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2005, 07:43:26 PM »
Yeah i know Lude..im calm now...ah i think i am...yeah i did ring yesterday,option 2 spares as you do and all i got was some cool slick dude asking me to leave a message,well he got a message alright....funny he hasnt rang me back.I spoke to Trevor today and he said that one of his workers sent the order by mistake and then by mistake charged Frank's card,seems like a lot of mistakes in the one order,they also screwed up my last order of plastics,some of it also was shipped to Frank by mistake and almost missed my container coming to Australia,i just dont get how Frank Wood and Tony H look similar on a computer data base program of customers.I would gladly write them a program that works for customer orders,could not be any worse than the set up they have now im sure.
I work in technical industry that dosent allow for errors like the Hillside debarkle to happen and if they did those responsible would be terminated on the spot,just the way of the beast i guess.
Anyway happy days when the parts get here,ETA some time in 2006 or 7 or whatever but im not holding my breath or i would be dead and buried !

Cheers
AD

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Hillside Honda
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2005, 10:50:18 PM »
Quote from: "Aussie Duner"
Anyway happy days when the parts get here, ETA some time in 2006 or 7 or whatever but im not holding my breath or i would be dead and buried!

ROFLMAO!!!

I feel for you.  Time to contact Service Honda and get your stuff from them...

The Good Guy Discount isn't worth the shit you've gone thru.

I've never used HH...
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2005, 08:14:01 AM »
The old Good Guy discount has well and truely worn out its welcome now,no discount on Earth could make up for the totally bizarre things that go on at Hillside,i suppose i jinxed myself by mentioning the shipping in an earlier post on the subject,it has to be my fault i speak and type Australian a totally foreign language to those living in Northern California,its called ENGLISH and its quite popular im told.
I have now lost count of the order emails,address confirmation emails,and now phone calls i have made.Trevor said today he was sorry,yes i now he was sorry,he sounded sorry...BUT im sorry,SORRY I WENT TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Oh well as they say,once bitten twice shy.

Cheers..time for my Valium and a lay down LOL

ludedude

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2005, 08:30:22 AM »
Quote from: "Aussie Duner"
The old Good Guy discount has well and truely worn out its welcome now,no discount on Earth could make up for the totally bizarre things that go on at Hillside,i suppose i jinxed myself by mentioning the shipping in an earlier post on the subject,it has to be my fault i speak and type Australian a totally foreign language to those living in Northern California,its called ENGLISH and its quite popular im told.
I have now lost count of the order emails,address confirmation emails,and now phone calls i have made.Trevor said today he was sorry,yes i now he was sorry,he sounded sorry...BUT im sorry,SORRY I WENT TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Oh well as they say,once bitten twice shy.

Cheers..time for my Valium and a lay down LOL
I forget what the time difference is...11:00 hrs? Valium and a lay down...sounds good...but I'm jut starting my day  :shock:

ludedude

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2005, 08:37:45 AM »
Hmmm.....tradition has it that many come on here with a name they generate...and after awhile are affectionately renamed by some who have been around longer....I'm thinking Tony has had enough "experience" in a paticular aspect of owning a pilot that he be knighted!

WaitingOnPartsAussie  WOPA...OK not that great...Skeeter...Red...you guys are good at that shit...and the chant begins "dub him, dub him, dub him"