Author Topic: Hillside Honda  (Read 6089 times)

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
Hillside Honda
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2005, 08:49:06 AM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
I'm thinking Tony has had enough "experience" in a paticular aspect of owning a pilot that he be knighted!

WaitingOnPartsAussie  WOPA...OK not that great...Skeeter...Red...you guys are good at that shit...and the chant begins "dub him, dub him, dub him"

Hmmm....
Gonna have to think about this one a while.

Aussie Dune Runner with Hillside Honda Issues....  There's gotta be something good in there somewhere.

Ungoodguy?   :shock:    Afterall, he sure didn't get the good guy discount....

Nah.  Too negative.

I'll keep thinking.
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

PilotSniper

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2005, 10:19:23 AM »
I have never used Hillside, but I have used Service Honda with great success on many, many occasions. Do you pay a little more? I guess, from what I've read. Personally, I have never compared pricing between the two. What I do know is that when I purchase something from a certain place and I get what I ordered without hassle, that's worth a lot to me. The other things I like about Service Honda are the parts breakdown they have online and the easy ordering system they have online. I just fill in my order along with my billing information and send it. My time and patience is worth something and I don't want to have to give up either one to chase around someone that doesn't know how to do his job.

Just my dos centavos! ($0.02)
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2005, 08:00:55 PM »
I found this application for a job at Hillside in the bottom of an order i recieved(that's a joke in itself LOL)

Favorite Show........"LOST" like your parts.
Favortie Hobby......Sending things to the wrong address.
Worst Habit...........Not answering emails from customers.
Do you think customer service is important......NO,whats a customer ?
Can you dress yourself.......NO,my mom does it for me.
What are your goals in life.....Ah,whats the question again,are we talking about soccer ?
Can you work as a team member giving service to paying customers.........Um,when is my lunch break ?do i get an hour and a half?
Do you know what a Honda is......Yes,ive heard of the Fonda family they are all actors..right ?

Well the bottom of the mystery document said  HIRED !!! :shock:

This is a joke by the way,if anyone is offended i will delete it. :roll:

Cheers
Sir Aussieduner

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2005, 06:17:08 AM »
Well this story is bigger that bloody Star Wars !
Parts are in ready to go...cost $201US,,no problem with that.
Freight to Australia via UPS,Hillsides preferred carrier, $240US :evil:  for a 10pound item,F%#K Me !!
Total cost converted to Ausssie dollars,over $600 :x .
Check with United States Postal Service International parcel calculator via the web for a 10 pound item...$52.10US mmmm slight difference,i smell a ripoff !
Take these facts into account,price to fly to San Francisco from Sydney $900 AU,pick up the parts fly home.
The cost of my Pilots freight from LA to Melbourne $350 AU,much heavier that 10 pound package im sure.

What do i have to do to get a plastic roof plate,plastic front bash plate and set of decals to this country,can anyone tell me,do i have to sell my soul to the Devil,bend over and let UPS do me,do Americans hate Australians to torment them like this,what is it.......anyone ???
Does UPS mean U PAY SUCKER ??

Ive hit rock bottom here,just like Gary Johnston in "Team America" in the bar scene,please excuse me while i go to the alley way and vomit everywhere !

Cheers
Aussieduner :(

Ozpilot

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2005, 11:39:32 PM »
You've done pretty well - I tried to buy from Hillside a couple of times in the past and they have always refused to send by USPS - they told me they would only ship UPS. I think I've mentioned to you before that UPS is EXTREMELY expensive. That is why I have never been able to buy anything through Hillside.

The only Honda parts seller I have been able to get to ship non-UPS is the guy mentioned on Hoser's board from Florida. The ordering and payment was a real hassel (several phone calls and faxes)because he is not set up for mail orders and it took about 3 months for the parts to show up (turned out he had to order them in which took about 6 weeks going by the difference between the date he took the money from my credit card and the invoice date, then shipping took about another 2 months).

I've bought loads of sled parts (for the draks) and parts from various other suppliers over time and I always have stuff within 7 days at a good price by USPS. I've also had things delivered by DHS and FedEx which are more expensive but normally not prohibitive. They're always as quick as (sometimes quicker than) USPS but any super quick service has always come at a price (I once ordered something at about 10pm one Thursday night just before Christmas and received it at 9:30 am on the following Monday!).

I've been forced to use UPS a couple of times and it always results in a fair injury to the bank balance.

I'm still looking for an OEM Pilot parts supplier that will work out for us ...

dhjunkie

• View Profile
california
« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2005, 12:10:26 AM »
Quote from: "Aussie Duner"
The old Good Guy discount has well and truely worn out its welcome now,no discount on Earth could make up for the totally bizarre things that go on at Hillside,i suppose i jinxed myself by mentioning the shipping in an earlier post on the subject,it has to be my fault i speak and type Australian a totally foreign language to those living in Northern California,its called ENGLISH and its quite popular im told.
I have now lost count of the order emails,address confirmation emails,and now phone calls i have made.Trevor said today he was sorry,yes i now he was sorry,he sounded sorry...BUT im sorry,SORRY I WENT TO THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Oh well as they say,once bitten twice shy.

Cheers..time for my Valium and a lay down LOL

-----------------------------

Man I am beginning to feel your pain,  nobody should have that type of crappy customer service.  I can probably guarantee it is some slack jawed yokle with those god awfull 3" holes in his ears, tattoo'd up the wazoo and wears one of then stupid flatbilled hats, cocked sort of sideways.   I live in CA  granted So cal,  and I have never had a use for hillside honda.  I deal with my local honda shop and generally get a 10-15% discount for being a regular and also on one of my club runs, they generally donate some swag  for the campfire raffle.

Aussie Duner

• View Profile
Hillside Honda
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2005, 07:32:51 AM »
Hillside have confirmed today that the parts have been sent via USPS for the $52 fee,thanks to Trevor for driving to the post office and saving me a shit load of cash !!!
He deserves a beer or two  :D !

Cheers
Aussieduner :wink: