Author Topic: new toy, any suggestions?  (Read 2735 times)

lucky luciano

• View Profile
new toy, any suggestions?
« on: March 18, 2010, 01:07:45 PM »
drove five hours out and back from 1pm to 1am  to get an 89 pilot,  completely stock, except the guy had the engine completely rebuilt and bored .20 over..  landed it for 3200 ;D.  any suggestions for mods?  i want to get as much torque and throttle response as i can get..  I'm riding trails in the northeast, so i don't need a really high top speed, but i wanna get up to top speed as fast as possible. 

any disc brake conversion possibilities?

does anyone make stock front a-arms for the pilot with replaceable/adjustable ball-joints?

thanks for any advise!

atvnut

• View Profile
Re: new toy, any suggestions?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 12:50:42 PM »
drove five hours out and back from 1pm to 1am  to get an 89 pilot,  completely stock, except the guy had the engine completely rebuilt and bored .20 over..  landed it for 3200 ;D.  any suggestions for mods?  i want to get as much torque and throttle response as i can get..  I'm riding trails in the northeast, so i don't need a really high top speed, but i wanna get up to top speed as fast as possible. 

any disc brake conversion possibilities?

does anyone make stock front a-arms for the pilot with replaceable/adjustable ball-joints?

thanks for any advise!

only adjustable ball joint a-arms I know of are aftershockmotorsports as far as torque and throttle response I would lower the gearing by running a smaller tire although you give up ground clearance doing this.
Thank you
"The Nut"

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2010, 01:40:30 PM »
If you have to pull the engine apart, A mild porting of the cylinder really wakes up the Pilot.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2010, 01:57:52 PM »
I know of a couple of good places to get it ported too
Thank you
"The Nut"