Author Topic: FL350 Right Crankcase Ventilation.  (Read 11178 times)

betel

• View Profile
FL350 Right Crankcase Ventilation.
« on: April 19, 2004, 07:27:05 PM »
I'm almost through rebuilding my Fl350 and need a little help.  The service manual shows the right crankcase ventilation port going to a 'T' fitting.  Out of the 'T', one tube is vented behind the fuel tank and then the other tube is vented under the buggy.  I cannot find a reference to this 'T' fitting in the parts list.  

My question is:  
Does this 'T' have a check valve or something in it or is it just a reguler 'T'?  It seems if this 'T' allows the crankcase to vent to the atmosphere it would allow Contaminants to enter unless there is a check valve.

Your help is appreciated.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 12:28:47 AM »
To the best of my recollection, the tubing was vented to the atmosphere. I know its not much help but maybe one of the 350 guys could take a look at their machine for you. Glad to hear the 350 is coming along.

betel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 08:21:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply Chris.  I find it interesting they vent it high in the vehicle and also below.  I wonder what thats all about.

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004, 08:29:48 AM »
It is a strait thru tee. There is no check valve. Run your line up high and Ploop down at the top. ut an inline fuel filter on the end to help keep dirt out of it.

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 07:49:04 PM »
I forgot to mention I have a vent kit to allow you to put the counterbalncer oil up to its proper level. Just in case you are not aware of it there is a problem when you fill the oil up to the proper level. It will migrate into the starter area and waste your starter. The kit comes with a plug for the vent hole in the case, an inline filter with hose and a brass vent to put in place of your dip stick.

betel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 08:35:23 PM »
Thanks for the information Odynuck.  I believe bucky (who I bought the machine from) already did the counterbalancer mod.

mudbogger

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2004, 10:27:31 AM »
What ever you do do not allow the vent line to hang down toward the bottom of the engine-The pressure that builds up inside will actually suck water, etc into the crankcase and then you got problems!!I run the line up the side of the cage and install a little tecumseh/small engine fuel filter on the end, works like a charm and the filters are only like 55 cents at the local tractor supply store.

mudbogger

« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2004, 10:32:23 AM »
One more thing for you-When I have my motors done by Ed at Triple EEE he has from day 1 told me that you do not need to run the oil to the top of the fill-I have followed his advice and run only a certian amount of 5w-30 oil I believe it is 100ml of it in my case and have never had any type of lower end lubrication problems to date-I would highly recommend you call Ed or Sara and ask him about the oil mod-it really isnt needed in some cases-just my 2 cents.I must check to amount though, I may be off on the ml so dont quote me there, if you need it Ill get it for you.

mudbogger

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2004, 10:36:08 AM »
I think that the ml may be cc's let me look for you-Ed gave me the proper measuring description but it escapes my mind at the moment.sorry.

atvnut

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2004, 02:31:47 PM »
Quote from: "350nut"
I think that the ml may be cc's let me look for you-Ed gave me the proper measuring description but it escapes my mind at the moment.sorry.
a ml and a cc are the same
Thank you
"The Nut"

mudbogger

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2004, 02:37:18 PM »
Ahhh I see that here on my sheet-thanks for keeping me true, I apprec it and it was 100 cc in the crankcase from Ed at Triple EEE.

raider

vented cap
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2004, 08:09:40 PM »
Can you send me details and/or photos of your kit to [email protected]?
Thanks,
Dan

mudbogger

« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2004, 08:21:52 PM »
Quote from: "raider"
Can you send me details and/or photos of your kit to [email protected]?
Thanks,
Dan
Do a search here, there are probably some pictures here you can access of it, hope it helps.

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2004, 08:45:43 AM »
I couldn't find any 350nut.....??

mudbogger

« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2004, 01:24:25 PM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
I couldn't find any 350nut.....??
I'll check my personal photos to see if I have any for you, I have a kit that I havent used--I'll take some shots of it for you if you like and post them here,it's really just a small plug that goes into your oil fill on the case with a fitting on the top which allows a hose to be installed onto, thats basiscly it.