Author Topic: FL350...good running condition...$$??  (Read 3668 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
FL350...good running condition...$$??
« on: April 14, 2004, 02:07:49 PM »
I may have the chance to pick up a FL350 that runs top notch, but is missing fenders and has some frame rust. That's about all i know about it so far....saw it run last year at Superbike weekend.

Either for re-sale, or split it for parts or....

What's it worth?
What's no longer available for parts?

Thanks guys

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 11:08:06 PM »
A running 350 is worth on the average $2200.00.

Bucked

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2004, 10:10:36 AM »
I think a 350 in good running condition is worth more than $2200. You have to keep in mind that a 350 is a lesser alternative to the Pilot and Pilots in the less than $5000 range have become rather rare. Supply -vs- demand dictates that the 350 will follow the Pilot in value as long as Pilots are hard to find.  Do a search on closed Pilot auctions at e-bay and see what you find. Do the same for 350's. It's a good way to "appraise" the value of anything. Find what others have paid for something under normal buying conditions and you have a firm basis on which to establish the value of something. Try to ignore the sale prices on items where the seller indicates he is under duress to sell. i.e. "Divorce forces sale" or "lost my job". What the seller settles for might not be indicative of it's actuall value.

Odyknuck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2004, 11:13:41 PM »
I did say Average price. Just because it runs does not mean its worth more than 2200. I have seen 350s that run that have had a lot things needed to be done to them just to make them safe to drive. Then I have seen them in  good shape with a blown motor or one in need of a top end.
I suppose its all in an opinon

mudbogger

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2004, 10:59:33 AM »
If I may-I have sodl my rebuilt ones for as high as 4500 and have sold part buggies for as low as 1200-On the average it is still alot cheaper than a pilot.In referrance to the parts Lude, they are still arounds but becoming harder and harder to find, Randy has just about the best distributors to find you the hard to get stuff, PARTSFISH.COM has stuff thats also hard to find as well-theres a guy on ebay who sells alot of stuff as well tntdealtz or tntliquidators-he has a ton of 350's for parts-I also have alot of stuff, email me or try Dan Randys friend as well.The prices for used 350's have really gone down the tubes recently, there not getting the same amountas they were this time last year-the market hasnt picked up to well on them,shame.

mudbogger

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2004, 12:10:41 PM »
Did you ever pick that 350 up ?

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2004, 01:04:59 PM »
No, I think it's still there.....still trying to decide if it's a wise move or not :|

mudbogger

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2004, 01:51:09 PM »
What the condition of it?If your not going to run it, the parts at the moment arent going well on ebay, so I would not buy it for the parts at the present, if youre gonna run it Brian, buy it theres a ton of parts out there for your easy access.

spynergy

not that i know much yet..... but....
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2004, 11:18:44 PM »
I just bought an Odyssey in North Carolina with new tires, a new Comet clutch, and it runs like a bat out of hell.  There is very little frame rust, just a couple surface spots here and there.  One of the roll cage bars is a little tweaked and the bumper is mashed, but other than that the frame seems reasonably square and true.  Anyway, I paid 2600 for it.  They seem to be going for about that price on ebay too.

mudbogger

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2004, 05:39:52 PM »
Are you gonna part it up Lude, call Randy at odysalvage and talk to him about the parts, mabye he can give you a better understanding on what the parts will get you on the open market?Just a thought.