Author Topic: Pilot "dual inlet" airbox lid  (Read 2599 times)

Vrroom

• View Profile
Pilot "dual inlet" airbox lid
« on: April 14, 2004, 01:23:00 PM »
I just got the prototype "dual inlet" airbox lid from protoGLAS today. I'm very impressed with the workmanship and quality of this piece. I'll be testing it out this coming Saturday, so look for a ride report early next week.

This one has white gelcoat just because that's what they had on hand at the time. I think I can have them made in either white, red or primer (the primer is paintable).

Vrroom

Explorer

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 01:40:32 PM »
what did you do to overcome the lid seling issues you said you intially had when this was looked at

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 11:13:39 PM »
What's the price Vroom?

mudbogger

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 05:55:43 PM »
Quote from: "Explorer"
what did you do to overcome the lid seling issues you said you intially had when this was looked at
                                                                                                Did you solve the problem Vroom?I would like to buy 2 from you if possible, are the available now?

Vrroom

• View Profile
The dual inlet airbox cover
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2004, 07:26:01 AM »
The dual inlet airbox cover project is complete. There has not been too much demand so there are only a few ready to go. The price is $60 each.
I know that seems high, but a lot of labor went into making the lid. It's cheaper to modify a stock lid, but it certainly isn't as clean looking. They are made in red gel-coat like the storage compartments I sell.

contact me at [email protected] if you'd like one.

Thanks,
Vrroom

PilotSniper

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2004, 08:13:01 AM »
Quote from: "Explorer"

Quote from: "350nut"
Did you solve the problem Vroom?

Vrroom, can you show a pic of the underside of the top? Some of us would like to know how you solved the lid sealing issue you initially had.

Thanks and great job!
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left!  :shock:

Vrroom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2004, 08:35:44 AM »
Don't have a picture right now.

The lid simply fits over the box lip. To get it to seal I got a strip of adhesively backed open cell weatherstripping and placed it around the edge of the top of the box. In order to get the lid to seat (with the additional thickness of the weather stripping material) I smoothed the inside edge of the lid using my dremel tool. Now it fits good.

Ive only tested it once. The test was inconclusive because I didn't have pre-filters on the intake tubes. It was very dusty, so my uni-filter still got dirty. On the other hand, I did notice more throttle response because the engine was getting more air.

Vrroom

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2004, 09:03:45 AM »
Please post some pictures of the underside when you can, thanks