Author Topic: WOT ...not right  (Read 2495 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« on: April 10, 2004, 11:07:49 PM »
I'm having trouble on WOT...

bottom to mid is fine...I mean it'll wheelie! ;)

But WOT it....cuts out...I don't belive it is rich, that's what I've been playing with, the dial-a-jet, trying to fix the issue. But the more I think about, the more it doesn't seem to be rich sounding..it's not blubbering like usual if it were rich...I'm wondering if the fuel pump is not giving me enough fuel for WOT....

As I type I'm remebering there's a test I think in the manual....certain amount of fuel out the fuel line within so many seconds??? Is that right?
What are symptoms of a poor pump? What else could give me that condition on WOT?

Thanks.

PilotHawK

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 11:33:57 PM »
being lean on top will cause the same thing. Check out this article and see if it makes sense.
I'm not sure if either of these articles will help or not but they are a decent read.
http://12.215.127.130/uccr.htm
http://www.strappe.com/plugs.html

PilotHawK

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2004, 12:16:23 AM »
Found another one that may be somewhat helpful to you. here is the paragraph I am referring to.

"# 16 ? Make sure your carb float bowl vent lines are properly routed and attached to where they belong. Some sleds let the vent lines dangle below the carbs, some are run up to the handlebars, and some are now attached to the airbox. Whatever system your sled uses, your carb calibration is matched to this vent line location. This means that if you remove or change an airbox, the vent lines may also need to be changed or re-routed. Vent lines dictate float bowl pressure, which affects fuel flow. A vent line that is supposed to be attached into the airbox and is left dangling will ?see? higher pressure at high speeds and result in higher float bowl pressure and higher fuel delivery (your sled will be slower). If your sled in stock form lets the vents dangle below the carbs, leave them there because your carb jetting takes this into account. If you should route them to the airbox, then you will reduce the bowl pressure at speed and reduce the fuel flow, which can lead to piston seizure, cylinder damage, and a bummed-out rider when his engine blows up."

here is the link the article came from.

http://www.snowtechmagazine.com/articles/sevennine/svtynne.html

Moskito

• View Profile
    • http://www.yellowdogracing.com
WOT ...not right
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2004, 09:15:07 AM »
Any chance you're hitting the rev limiter?

Do you have a stock or modded CDI?
Moskito - Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming \'WOW-What a Ride!\'

stoneman

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2004, 10:14:33 AM »
Try changing/checking your fuel filter. It should not look like auto trans fluid haha. Mine just did samething.

ludedude

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2004, 07:53:32 AM »
I think  it was the air line that pulses the fuel pump diaphrams. The clamp was gone.

macdanny

WOT ...not right
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2004, 03:12:43 PM »
You failed to answer Moskito's question. Do you have a modified CDI

ludedude

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2004, 04:43:09 PM »
Yes, I do...

stoneman

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2004, 09:40:04 AM »
Well what was the problem?

ludedude

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2004, 10:06:28 AM »
Quote from: "ludedude"
I think  it was the air line that pulses the fuel pump diaphrams. The clamp was gone.

I think that was it..I've only had a short run since then...now I'm waiting for shocks and A-arm parts  :?

ludedude

• View Profile
WOT ...not right
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 04:39:13 PM »
It may have been something else...when doing compression test on the K-Fab head I removed the spark plug and the screw-on ......thingy-ma-dingy was loose and stripped. That's at least the second one I've had go that way. Poor spark creates a rich condition, doesn't it? What do you guys do to prevent that from happening?

Thanks