Author Topic: Site outage  (Read 1663 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Site outage
« on: March 19, 2004, 12:55:29 AM »
Site may go down soon for awhile, maybe tomorrow night...we'll see. I wan to add the features of the test board...I will be doing a freash install. I think I can save the threads, but I'll loose the member info, unless I find a fix, I have an idea...hope it works....if not sorry you'll have to re-sign up. Just a heads up...if I have time tomorrow night and I can get the last couple bugs worked out on the test site..then it's a go...

hoser

Site outage
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 07:40:39 AM »
I saved my board by using the database backup then installed another board for testing and what might become a future board for Hare's cycle club, then I took the saved database backup file and restored it to the new test board, it saved all the user and post info FROM that days saved backup file http://12.215.127.130/phpBB/index.php
It would be nice to know what your doing that it dont, I wanted to save all the settings and
skip the users and post, be a pain to DELETE all the users deleting all the post was easy.

ludedude

• View Profile
Site outage
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 07:11:05 PM »
I know what I'm doing that it don't...finding the way around it is what I've got to figure out yet..

saving parts of the database is easy...and don't tell me you don't play with phpmyadmin and look at the database...