Author Topic: Ebay auction - zero rated bidder question  (Read 1698 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Ebay auction - zero rated bidder question
« on: January 28, 2007, 04:48:19 AM »
OK, we've all seen the auctions where a seller states that users with low or zero ratings must contact them before bidding. Question is, if the bidder contacts the seller.....what are the sellers doing then? Just verifying the sellers email? Asking for a deposit? Just curious as I have a couple low rated (1 zero) users bidding on my auctions. Can I cancel those bids from low rated bidders without having that stated in my auctions? Is that my choice?

jaguar73

• View Profile
Ebay auction - zero rated bidder question
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:17:18 PM »
You can, but you have to give a reason why when you go through the process. On your personal settings there is also an option that blocks bidders with a negative feedback rating.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
O feedback
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 05:52:58 AM »
Sometimes people new to eBay do not understand that a seller has to pay money when a buyer wins. They kind of have the attitude that up until the point they make payment, they are not bound to anything. I have contacted 0 feedback bidders before to make sure they were aware of their commitement to pay. One time I did not get a reply so I canceled the bid. With that and also a couple times where buyers asked to have their bids canceled, I contact the next bidder to verify they are OK with being the high bidder again. Someone have been outbid beyond the price they were willing to pay and moved on to another auction or bought the item elsewhere.