Author Topic: Boxing Day 2003 in Nova Scotia  (Read 2236 times)

ludedude

• View Profile
Boxing Day 2003 in Nova Scotia
« on: January 01, 2004, 03:37:11 PM »
Well it wasn't a typical white Christmas in Nova Scotia this year. Mild, rain and no snow. We didn't let that stop us FROM HAVING fun. Ted was down FROM Montreal, so we had all 3 Pilots out again. What a great time. We really enjoy getting out together.

Boxing Day started off a little slow. Trish wasn't feeling great, so I had to get the girls fed and DROP them off at Grandma's before I could head out. Ted, Sinclair and his 2 boys went ahead and I met up with them in about an hour.

We suit up, and warm up our machines right outside my garage...neighbors just love it :) Then proceed on a bridge across our brook. It had rained so heavily the on Christmas that some of the logs got displaced and a little REPAIR was need. Then up the trail to a dirt lane, out 750ft to them main road, down the shoulder for ~500ft, and back onto trails. Where we ride mainly (because of the ease, no need for a trailer) used to be a dump that has been closed and filled over.

So through about 1km of trails and we're at THE PIT. Now this consists of many, many short trails. Mostly gravel, but a few sand, and mud holes too. And then there's the area where we wheelie. A small gravel pit, with a few jumps and one spot that we climb and try to wheelie out of. What a rush! Especially going over backwards, which I've done twice now!

The whole area lends itself to new tracks and jumps continually being discovered/created. Just the other day we created a flat track that on 1/3 of it has a berm on the edge. What a blast coming INTO it full tilt, catching the berm and catapulting down it. It's all slippery..slightly frozen ground with long grass....great fun making the corners. Very few obstacles, so it's pretty much wide open throttle racing. Wish we got some video and pictures of that.

In one spot of the flat track, it's been torn up and lends to muddy donuts, flinging mud 20-30ft....often ending up trying to spray the other guy....makes for a long time cleaning...mud and grass on all those different surfaces.....it's fun though.

We all had great fun. No accidents, no repairs, only belts. So it was GREAT.

Putting up a page with some photos

http://www.fl400r.net/photos/dec-26-2003/dec-26-2003.html

ludedude

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2004, 04:57:52 PM »
Done now...well, last pick loading

hoser

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2004, 05:05:15 PM »
Ok they are all loading now, great pics, great ride, what better way to spend the day after Christmas .