Author Topic: White Wash Dunes  (Read 5060 times)

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« on: December 15, 2003, 01:54:52 PM »
Made a trip to the White Wash Dunes last Friday. It was awesome! There was a light dusting of snow on the north sides of the dunes. Actually, the sand was somewhat frozen on the north sides, made for fantastic traction. We had the place all to ourselves. The temp was in the low 40s but we had snowmobile suits, etc and never got cold. The 350s worked flawlessly, only maintenance during the day was adding gas!

hoser

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 04:31:47 PM »
The picture didnt SHOW up can you try again?

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 11:03:49 PM »
Hope this works, still trying to figure out posting pics, etc. Here goes!

ludedude

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 07:48:29 AM »
If it's bigger than 500 pixles wide it defaults to a link ofr the picture. Still trying to figure out how to install a thumbnail creator to size photos so they will fit automatically

hoser

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 08:15:52 PM »
Quote from: "Joe Odyssey Rider"
Hope this works, still trying to figure out posting pics, etc. Here goes!

WOW that place looks fun, drakman, litespeed and I were thinking of a spring trip out that way....

Drakman

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2003, 09:13:32 PM »
We all really need to go there and a couple of other places while we are at it. Maybe March or April. The views all around there are simply awsome.

hoser

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 09:13:01 AM »
I am all for it I can give up a spring trip to LS and go that direction, now we need to get litespeed to go, how about dennis he is 8 hrs closer than me...

Drakman

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2003, 09:37:09 AM »
There is a big riding area in Wyoming, near Rock Springs that would make a good stop-over along the way. For you guys, a loop out I-80 and then back thru Colorado on I-70 could be a great trip.

If necessary, we could kidnap Speedy to make sure he gets out. Dennis should have his new ride ready, if it is anything like others he has done, it should look and run really wicked.

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2003, 11:13:50 AM »
Drakman: I have since discovered that there are numerous trails through the desert also, more inline with the speed capability of your Drak. Hopefully I can explore a few of those ... I probably couldn't keep (ok, I know I couldn't keep up ... <VBG>) with you guys with the 350, but hopefully I can point 'em out to you. Hmmm, I'm drawing this mental image of you, Litespeed, and Hoser running that wash wide open ... would be crazy!

Drakman

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2003, 11:43:26 AM »
Maybe we can make an earlier trip out there to CHECK it out. This past year, I think we were there in March or April, don't remember for sure. What do you think is the earliest that I could safely get my rig in AND out, and that wouldn't be too cold?

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2003, 01:04:20 PM »
We were there Mar 21 to 23. I just took a look at the weather page and it says mid-March highs are upper 50s and lows around 32. Of course weather is always a crap shoot, but I'd say with a camper that mid-March would probably be ok. I'm most definitely up for that. BTW, we are in for mid to upper 40s here thru Christmas, so we may go again for a day trip the weekend after Christmas. Maybe we can scope some of the trails out then with the help of my "source".

The road is about the same, so any problems that you had before are probably still there. You shouldn't have any problems unless it comes a torrential rain, then everybody will, especially if you stay at the top of the hill like before. HEY! I can always pull out with my new Duramax!

Drakman

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2003, 01:09:32 PM »
Joe, let me know when you're gonna make a day trip. If possible, I might just take my little trailer behind the Envoy and try to make it.

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2003, 12:37:09 PM »
Jerry, I'm not ignoring ya, we just have lots of "family" stuff to figure out. If we go, it will probably be the Friday, Saturday, or Sunday after Christmas. I'm gonna be gone to Vegas FROM Saturday thru Tuesday, hopefully I can let ya know what we're gonna do by Christmas eve.

Drakman

White Wash Dunes
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2003, 01:40:27 PM »
Joe, My son is coming today for Christmas, he is leaving on the 19th. That weekend could maybe work for me if the boss doesn't come up with something else.

Joe Odyssey Rider

• View Profile
White Wash Dunes
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2003, 12:11:04 PM »
Jerry, everyone has to go shopping today and I was "informed" that my presence was "required" (if you know what I mean). And the forecast for Sat and Sun shows highs under freezing, so I guess we won't make it. BUMMER!