Author Topic: port work on the 350 ?  (Read 2216 times)

SandPsycho

• View Profile
port work on the 350 ?
« on: November 07, 2008, 09:43:11 PM »
What kind of portind can be done on em? Trail, dune, drag??
Anyone known for their oddy port work? Do y'all recomment the head to be shaved? Trying to have an aggresive dune machine?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: port work on the 350 ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 08:32:04 AM »
The name of the porting is going to vary. My definition of trail porting is that it will still run on pump gas and you don't raise the RPM range too much. Dune porting on a quad would usually mean shifting the RPMs up higher and drag even higher than that. I would not suggest that because you may have issues with turning the clutch that fast. Race porting on an Odyssey would mean opening the ports wider than trail porting for more flow. You would want higher compression and race fuel.

You'll need a water cooled head to keep from melting it down. The stock head only has .008" to shave before you cut into the squish band. The head I designed does not have the .008" lip. By running just the bottom layer of a stock head gasket will tighten it up by an additional .035" for a total of .043". That will still leave a large piston to head clearance. You can shave about .020 more off the top of the cylinder. That is why I do not offer a race head. If you want a race setup, my head on a shaved cylinder would be the setup.

SandPsycho

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2008, 08:55:18 AM »
Ok, these are the mods that'll be done. Watercooled head, 102c clutch kit, DG or PP, pipe, radiator kit. So a race port would be ideal? Do your billet heads have changeable domes? Who's a good oddy porter?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 05:56:47 PM »
The dome is changeable, but we only offer one dome. My head basically is the race setup because in order to get a tight squish band clearance, you have to shave the top of the jug. With my standard head setup on a shaved cylinder, you will have very high compression requiring race fuel. You want things to compliment each other. So you would not want a PP pipe that will limit the RPM of the engine along with porting that runs best at high RPM. We do porting and so does Triple E. If you give a call to 586-273-1333 I can discuss porting options.