Author Topic: want turn up!  (Read 2760 times)

odyssey dummy

• View Profile
want turn up!
« on: June 23, 2007, 09:38:49 AM »
hi guys this is an odyssey dummy i bought this thing because i grew up on hondas and you couldnt tear them up.Now i own an 350, just had an top end rebuild done and changed the carb to 38mm now it want turn up.It may run 15 miles an hour and no faster, the motor just want turn up?I have done a compression check its ok, chanded cdi and coil and no luck.I need help so can anyone relate to this problem i would be greatfull with the answer thanks OD

roadrash1968

• View Profile
Re: want turn up!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2007, 06:14:19 PM »
try running it with the air cleaner cover off mine does not run well with it on. check your carb float adjustment may be running out of gas,check your carb slide make sure it goes the whole way up.does your motor run good out of gear.also check your fuel pump and fuel filter could be clogged. Was this a new or used carb if used take it apart and clean

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: want turn up!
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 07:35:54 AM »
Before making jetting changes, you should first find out where things are at. If it will only go 15, it will be a problem even checking jetting though. Did you test for air leaks? Has it been this way since first being put together or did it degrade after? If it degraded after: what piston to wall clearance was the cylinder bored to? Where the cooling/lube holes drilled in the piston? Have you checked compression? Did you make sure to press the ring tips back into the piston through the reed block when lowering the cylinder on? If not, the rings can get bent causing low compression.

I would check to make sure the reverse rev limiter is not kicking in. You can disable it by grounding the wires on the change switch that is on the left back of the gear box.