Author Topic: Lighting question  (Read 2809 times)

Rj1

• View Profile
Lighting question
« on: November 30, 2015, 06:36:46 PM »
I think I have an 81 oddy but not sure I checked the # on my frame they don't match any I've seen #are TB00400BC401280 now here's the question  both of my lites are very dim head lite and tail lite checked all the lines there good but I only have 6 volts coming out of  them my bulb is a 12 v for the head lite that's why I was trying to see what year I had if it was before an 80 model I could understand it . I don't think the older ones had a tail lite  but may be Iam wrong . Should I just get a 6v  35w bulb and try that out . I can run it from my battery but that would just run it wright down  thanks for any help you guys can give me.

Rj1

• View Profile
Re: Lighting question
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 07:48:18 PM »
Seems like Iam the only one posting any thing latelty on both the 250 and 350 sites but these atv are new to me never even saw one around my area before I got my 350 in April .first thing I bought was a Manuel  for the 350 and when I got the 250 in October did the same . Now looking at the 250 more carful I notices when the last owner put the goki starter on he hacked up the wireing . I have it put back the way it should be just one thing the yellow wire from the starter button it was  wright on pos terminal I put it on the silenoid and the wire was spliced to a  AC to Dc changer the wire went to the yellow wire for the lites and the yellow wire from the lighting coil I think to charge the battery. I don't have the wireing diagram for the goki starter but I don't think that's how it goes . Iam still only getting 9v coming off the yellow wire from the lighting coil is there away to check it. The odyssey must be at least an 81 there is a CDI unit on it when it comes to wireing Iam lost so any help I can get would be great . I don't wont to seem like a pain in the ass for posting all the time but no shoppes around here know anything about them .

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2016, 03:31:39 PM »
I don't know much about the 250s, but since no else is chiming in...

If it has a CDI, it should be 12v. If the original lighting coils output AC which I have seen on snowmobiles I had, then you would need an AC to DC converter to get the DC power to charge the battery. When you measure 9V, what RPM is that at?

If the solenoid has 4 terminals, 2 big and 2 small: The starter would connect to one big one and the other to positive on the battery. The small terminals would be connected to ground and the starter switch. The other side of the starter switch would connect to the positive side of the battery. It could also go positive, solenoid, switch ground. Basically you are connecting positive and negative to the solenoid interrupting it with the switch anywhere along the way.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2016, 03:34:33 PM »