Author Topic: A couple simple questions  (Read 2200 times)

Amacaluso25

• View Profile
A couple simple questions
« on: May 03, 2013, 11:12:54 AM »
I wanna make my pilot a little more mean In the trails and on hill climbs.
Which clutch is best for climbing hills? Power bloc? Comet?
And what tires should I be using for rear/front? Mudlite at? Sp? Hole shots?

Has anyone tried adding weight to the front end?  I'm afraid of hitting a bump and rolling over lol

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: A couple simple questions
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2013, 11:24:45 AM »
The best overall setup for the clutch is a 102C with Heel Clicker arms in it. People are often put off by the cost of it though. The Heel Clicker kit make the clutch work more efficiently at keeping the engine at the right RPMs at low speed than the standard Comet arms. A Power Bloc has a great deal of internal friction for shifting. Using a lighter spring allows centrifugal force to overcome the spring and the friction. Once shifted though, if you lose speed like as you climb a hill, you have a lighter spring to 'downshift' working against that same increased friction.

102C with Heel Clicker: Best
102C with Comet cam arms: Next best assuming you choose wisely on the arms

The Heel Clicker kit is also adjustable for low, mid and top speed calibration. So you can dial it in right where you need it.

I like a standard knobby Holeshot. I use Kenda Klaws though which are not as pricey. There is a new Klaw with a flatter tread design I would like to try next. I prefer a flat tread profile front and rear.

Amacaluso25

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2013, 04:29:20 PM »
alright thanks.   
what about adding the weight in the front for hill climbs?  mostly trails in the woods.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2013, 05:57:11 PM »
I don't really think it is a problem. I would not add weight. If you desire it to be heavier in the front, put the battery between your feet. Other's have done it to help steering. Moving 5 lbs 5 feet forward makes a pretty big differnce.