Author Topic: Back in the saddle!  (Read 1243 times)

Drasticmeasure

• View Profile
Back in the saddle!
« on: January 20, 2013, 05:28:54 PM »
It's been awhile since I had a fl350, 12 years!  The first one I bought for $850, it was hammered. It also gave me 3 years of flawless use and joy, until one day I started it and it reved as high as it would go and wouldn't shut off!  I turned the ignition off and it continued to rev full blast. I pulled the air box off and stuffed a rag in the carb. Scared the snott out of me!  Soon after I sold the thing without turning a wrench on it.

About 4 years ago I started buying quads for me and my family. I didn't buy new ones, I'd. buy used ones that needed slight fixin. I now got 5 quads of different styles and sizes. We have a lot of fun with them things here in the high desert of SoCal. Lately I have been having the itch to tear up the trails in the fl350 like I used to. I know my family would love to drive it also, and I can see how I could end up with a couple of them.

I met up with a old friend I grew up with and he has a fl350 sitting in his garage that looks pretty hammered but supposedly runs good. He wants $1300 for the thing, I'm probably gonna buy it. It needs a few things, like fenders and such. It hasn't been registered for 5 years.

Anyways, I figured I'd stop in here and introduce myself because I'm sure I will have a few projects I might need alittle help with.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: Back in the saddle!
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2013, 09:33:08 AM »
You'll want to put crank seals in it otherwise they will leak and suck air which very well could have been the problem with your last one.

Drasticmeasure

• View Profile
Re: Back in the saddle!
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:47:28 PM »
I would have never guessed the crank seals could have made the thing rev like that even after the ignition was turned off. I figured it was probably carbon deposits or something. Thanks for the help when/if I pick up that little bugger I will definatly adress that possible issue, I do not want my daughters to experience the same thing I did. They would never want to ride again. l