Author Topic: General Assembly Help Needed  (Read 2287 times)

bashr52

• View Profile
General Assembly Help Needed
« on: January 08, 2013, 01:40:19 PM »
Hello all! My little brother-in-law (13) just bought himself a mid 80'2 FL250 for $150 which I am helping him fix up. Everything thing is there, minus a few little parts, but the previous owner removed almost every nut and bolt (not sure why) and lost them. We are slowly trying to piece it back together, but its a challenge not knowing what hardware we need.

Is there a general bolt size we should get? (like a few dozen M8's or something?)

The first real thing we are trying to do is re-mount the engine. New mounts are on the way, but, we need hardware. What size are the bolts that hold the thing in? They look like they need to be rather long as well.

Thanks!

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: General Assembly Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:49:06 PM »
Sometimes if you look up parts on the micro fiche, it will tell you the bolt size like 10x40. Fender bolts and small items will tend to use 6mm X 1 pitch. 8s are 1.25 pitch. Where you will run into trouble in on 10s. They are 1.25 pitch, but you will mostly find 1 and 1.5 at a hardware store. Larger ones will be harder than the 6s and 8s, but will usually be called fine thread. A 12x1.25 will be harder to find than a 12x1.75, but not as hard as a 10x1.25.

bashr52

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Thanks, I have a local source for odd size bolts so no big deal there. Anyone know what I need for engine mounting bolts?

bashr52

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 05:37:37 AM »
I think I found some bolts that will work, but now I'm missing all the small components of my recoil starter. I've found a few of them online, but I can't find enough to replace all my missing ones. I found one full used assembly on fleabay, but they want $185! Does anyone have any spare parts kicking around?

Fat Bastard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2013, 06:56:31 AM »
For bolts find someone parting one out and buy the lot of misc. bolts.? Ol bucket o bolts. I think that's be your best bet.