Author Topic: Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000cc  (Read 19243 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000cc
« on: November 20, 2012, 07:28:33 PM »
May as well light this section up I guess :) Just recently have gotten a new job and moved to the middle of the mountains of NH. Tons of riding and working for Arctic Cat now has gotten me a good look (and a good hell ride) at the 1000cc 4 stroke Wildcat...among other Prowlers and UTV's. I can tell you it is alot different sitting off to one side while hammering down trails...and foot pedals lol. I have to say...on the hush hush of course...a well built Pilot will hand the flagship Wildcat a gnarly run and probably a handful of disapointment all said and done. That buggy weighs 1300 frickin pounds DRY SHIPPED weight...add two riders, fuel, fluids etc. My boss has no Idea what he is in for up against technology that is 20 years old...that machine is newest of everything...I say I got him...I will post a Gopro in the spring.

Anyway...I could take some pics of the suspension up close to show that it is very similar to the ody rear suspension...and it feels ALOT like driving an Ody IMO.

Any guys got one or an RZR type production buggy in their garage?

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
Re: Arctic Cat Wildcat 1000cc
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 10:17:38 AM »
In have to admit I've been tempted, but no SxS, yet.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 04:23:29 PM »
Just a 50" 1st gen rzr...Saw the wildcats at Durhamtown a year or so ago,and raced against a couple in the Rally Raid...They aint got s@#t on a pilot!!!! Then again,not much out there does....

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 07:20:43 AM »
The SxS thing is really catching momentum...and I guess really has been all over. The guys up here are "dual sporting" them and bopping all around on the road with them. Up my way SxS sales are greater than sport quad sales.

They just have no idea Hood...people kinda chuckle when I say 1989...but the ones who see it first are usually floored when I tell em what year it is...then they choke in my wash lol.

I have seen a few "utility" SxS's get wrecked rather easily...and have a pretty flimsey chassis. 35mph did one in that was on my lift last week...but they are an insurable vehicle with collision and everything. I still havent decided what model from the sport and utility line that I like the best...because I am tempted too. I really liked the revolt personally...but with Redline in and out...now totally out hopes of seeing a center single seat with all the new techno in it is a wish/dream again.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:32:06 AM »
I think this one is on top of the game at the moment....... http://youtu.be/ZmziF1Yu0aY
I know the commander has the best fit and finish of any I have seen yet,but was like driving a jeep through the trails...Maybe this will be the best of both worlds.....

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 12:52:10 PM »
A few commanders have gotten towed out with electrical issues and other wierd stuff...solid but not free from flaw I guess. Trailside repair and wrenching is almost impossible on most of these rigs...so I guess the one that stays running is the one to get. What kind of pricetag does that BRP Maverick have? How has the RZR stayed together for you? How many hours/miles do you have on it?

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 05:54:49 PM »
Standard Maverick is like $15,200. The x model is over $17,000. I got a bit over 6000 miles on my rzr. It has held together decently,but has been far from abused.Most of the miles have been by my daughter.If I rode it like my pilot,it would have been long gone by now.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 09:23:44 PM »
I really started looking at these chassis...and cant help but compare them to the fl's. Almost every SxS has a low rail chassis...right by the floor it has little support on the side. Its just the lower tubes...and the roll bar/frame. Word on the trails is that ALL of them do some twisting when being driven hard...the trick that guys are doing is putting some hardcore roll frames to stiffen the chassis. Its also the word that the Commander is the one that snaps and strips fasteners on the roll frame the WORST.