Author Topic: 102c Calibrations...  (Read 9604 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 102c Calibrations...
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2012, 09:04:07 AM »
I was really worried about pushing it past the 8k range...running a tighter dome and what I think may be a TORQUE pipe. (Weed sold it to me when PP told me a long lead time to make one...and there was some question about which pipe I actually got) I guess if you have gone past 8 I wont be worried when I flirt with it on a long pull...seemed like it would get there for sure. Most of my data was nominal and within range on the runs I did...so it is something I will tweak and not worry about.

My engine is really NOT ported for anything other than small flow improvements (NO major volume or timing changes were done) so to say it will make power up above 8 is an unknown. I would love to try and plug in some numbers to get an idea of the kind of power I may be using or wasting according to your calculations and data input...the next time I tear down Adnoh.

Thank you for sharing the info you have...always very informative :)

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2012, 07:53:13 PM »
Factory you have a good reason to worry about 8000 + if your CR is too high even with race fuel. I use a torgue pipe myself. As you angle area drops the engine can run leaner on the intake and the exhaust in port open time as your increse the rpm. This futher aids to detanation by way of a leaner mixture for combustion not to mention the increase in MSV. What will work to your advantage is the pilots bore size so it can run on the lowside of  the exhaust angle area.
Play it safe and move slow.
Keep your eye on the plug.
If you have a copy of jennings read up on the angle area.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2012, 10:35:39 AM »
Adnoh...I dont have Jennings but would like to know what it is and where I could find it.

I know the 8k range is risky...which is why I had installed my EGT and RPM when I got my torque pipe. I didnt do many chops since the first build...but now am ready to start tuning. Very satisfied with the range being at or slightly above the factory rev limit for starters...to get a view of some data and some chops. In reference to your over rev...my "back down point" will be if she pulls into the 8's at all.

Just recently started using a 110 octane...down from 112. Would you suggest going back up to the 112 to reduce the risk of pre-ignition...just to be on the safe side?

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2012, 04:57:39 PM »
I wish AtvNut would jump in. He has decent experience with the 102c.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2012, 08:06:03 PM »
Hers is an excert from jennings. and I will get you some eric gorrand see If I have the jennings book on pdf and post. It touches a little on angle area. Alos look at you manual and the port map in the book as well make you one next time you open her up. Maybe we should move this to another topic to keep the 102 clean.