Author Topic: 45 on the Podium :)  (Read 2545 times)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
45 on the Podium :)
« on: June 13, 2012, 06:21:08 AM »
Hey guys...dusted off my wheeler and actually took it to a race this past Sunday. Woo Hoo this guy still has it on the MX track. Took a 3rd in the first moto...and WON my second moto. (12 racers in the class) That was good enough to take the overall for the day...and am planning to do it again VERY soon.

First moto was a 4 lap battle w a new Can Am DS450 and a YFZ 450. I ride a TRX 450 with all the mods to keep up with the Jones'...but got a shitty holeshot. Spent most of the first lap playing checkers with the slower guys...but made it thru quickly to start bangin with the two leaders. These guys were no slouches...usually wont go bang hard against riders I dont know or are familiar with...but these guys made for some fun. I got tight with the two top guys and just started to slide and pick new spots to put in a wheel and try to out power them. Took so many lines I never even fathomed at my track...and just got too tired to make a safe move on either one by the white flag lap. So I just settled in close and saved some energy for a massive mistake out of one of them. It never came so got 3rd.

Second moto was a dream...got an excellent holeshot and going into the first corner only had one other guy to worry about. Just so happened to be the YFZ from the first moto. Not too hard to out power this guy...made a move around the outside on like the 3rd corner and was looking at my home track...ALL BY MYSELF. The jitters were gone...now get comfortable and find my groove. That is when I knew I still have it. Had to really PUSH to keep these guys out of striking distance...but I made it 4 laps and won.

Words cant describe the kind of fufillment racing QUAD MX has brought me in my life...I would say If I ever died doing it (god forbid) I would die a happy man. Funny too I called Hoodlum after the race to tell him I met a guy from his town that had made the trip to NH...to race from TN.

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 45 on the Podium :)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:55:11 AM »
Check out this vid of the day's events...done by one of the media companies that comes and covers the races. Also check out our HOT 30 sec. girl. She wasnt just gorgeous...she was totally into the event. Her name is Brittany and she was my shadow for most of the day...I wasnt complaining :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vfe1CpQ5Xa8&feature=youtu.be

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 02:50:55 PM »
Congrats!!!! Kept waiting on a close up of Brittany!!!!! :)

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:29:50 PM »
Good report, I miss my MX racing days...Unlike you though I was throwing around a KFX700....loved the jokes about where's the plow and about my age...but the jokes stopped when the gate dropped...won more hole shots than I care to remember with that big beast...Finished the season 1st in my class, usally on the podium every race...I had a good track where I could carry the speed, the 180 degree turns is what killed me on tracks...found one track with nothing but big sweepers...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2012, 08:02:50 PM »
Thanks guys...yes only that 1 kinked butt move in that vid. I will find more...and she was fantastic to work with and WILL be back. Perhaps a few pics next to the PILOT on the next ATV weekend...Hmmmmm  8). But the pics couldnt even hold a candle to who she is lol (makes a hot girl even HOTTER when she isnt stuck up and has some good ol country redneck in her)

Im glad you could manhandle that 700 and put the nay-sayers in their place KTM...awesome to just put it to em. Funny how the banter ceases when you hand em a dinky second place trophy...after schoolin em. LOVE racin...

http://KotaImaging.zenfolio.com/p15090153/e391cd272
Not brittany lol :)

Factory 45

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 07:22:14 PM »
THIS is Brittany w/the day's PRO class winner and former ATVA/AMA National Champion, Josh Creamer. But who gives a rats ass about HIM lol.  http://atvriders.com/gallery/2012-neatv-mx-05-pro-atv-photos/pages/_DSC1009.html

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2012, 05:52:25 AM »
Yes it is!!!!!! :P

Adnoh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »
Congrates on your win. GO honda