Author Topic: Transmission grinds at times  (Read 1975 times)

ttyR2

• View Profile
Transmission grinds at times
« on: May 29, 2012, 07:04:22 PM »
The transmission in my FL350 grinds at times when idling and changing between N and F/R. I changed the belt out and have put a few miles on the new one. Is there anything else I can do? Or is this normal.

Ace

• View Profile
Re: Transmission grinds at times
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2012, 12:54:52 AM »
It's normal, they all do that, you will want to make sure your idle is as low as possible, and shift with some authoritity, don't just lazily shift it will only grind worse....
Joe

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2012, 05:24:46 AM »
Some people disable the safety switch...This allows you to start the oddy in gear instead of having to start it in neutral...One of my to do projects when I had a 350 was to rig up a brake attached to the parking brake that would stop the driven from spinning while in neutral,allowing you to shift without the grind...Just never got around to doing it....If I remember correctly,it wouldn't be that hard to do....
Hoodlum

ttyR2

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 07:17:11 AM »
I thought about doing something like that Hoodlum. Maybe something linked to the shift lever on the transmission that released the brake when in forward or reverse, but putting it back on when in neutral.

SniperMan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2012, 08:06:08 AM »
Hey hoodlum that switch that you're talking about, is those two wires comming out of the back of the transmission on the top looking from the rear ??? I was wandering what those wires where there for ????

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2012, 10:56:18 AM »
Yep...That's them....I think you have to ground both of them....

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2012, 11:31:16 AM »
Grounding the one allows start in gear. Grounding the other allows going full speed in reverse.