Author Topic: CR500 updgrade  (Read 3300 times)

KTM265

• View Profile
CR500 updgrade
« on: May 15, 2012, 05:47:57 PM »
I'm starting to pull the parts together for a CR500 upgrade on my stock 400 motor... What pipe would you all recommend, resource??? 
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CR500 updgrade
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:17:16 PM »
The only source of a pipe for the cr500 I know of is atv racing....

odypilots

• View Profile
    • Downhomeracing.com/opr
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 06:53:45 PM »
The only source of a pipe for the cr500 I know of is atv racing....

Same here.
The usual 'my two cents' disclaimer applies. :)

shoubadaba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 11:37:58 PM »
Call Power pros in California. They actually make the pipe for Atv racing cut out the middle man. I also know a guy that does the best work to the cases to make the 500 cylinder fit the 400 lower end. Since it will be apart also install a new honda cr500 rod so the rod has the thicker small ene so you can run the larger top bearing with the 500 piston. Dont forget to grind the starter case down and relieve the back of your clutch and the cylinder so the clutch clears.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 10:29:48 PM »
Thanks Shoubadaba....that guy for the milling work wouldn't happen to be hoser would it???  Actually I have a shop lined up up to do it...The owner has done many of these over the years.  I just have to gather up the parts for him...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

shoubadaba

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2012, 02:42:59 PM »
No Its this Guy Dan out here that did all the custom work on the natures receipe briggs built race cars. He still is doing conversions and his work is second to none.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2012, 04:36:59 PM »
Cool, the more I look into the performance reports of the CR500 conversion the more I think it will work better for my application...  I lose top end but in racing I do with harescrambles, I don't need wide open top speed, no space around here to run it wide open...