Author Topic: fl350r fuel overflow problem.  (Read 2056 times)

holanpd

• View Profile
fl350r fuel overflow problem.
« on: May 15, 2012, 03:50:29 AM »
OK guys, I put a gravity feed tank on my odyssey with mikuni tm38mm carb. also i read that you need a fuel pump for the tm 38mm carb so yesterday i put the vaccum pulse fuel pump on AND now with the shut off valve open and the odyssey running i have fuel coming out of the over flow port on the buttom of the carb. i close the shut off valve and the fuel stops leaking out. Does anyone know anything about this ? Am i supposed to leave the shutoff valve close now seeing how i now have a fuel pump to pull the fuel out of the tank ?

please help !!

thanks Paul

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: fl350r fuel overflow problem.
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 06:04:30 AM »
The fuel pump increases the pressure from the inlet to the outlet. So now you have the gravity feed pressure with the fuel pump pressure stacked on that. The stock setup had a pressure regulator in it. What you might try is putting a fitting in the top of the tank. Put a tee in the line after the pump and run the third leg up to the top of the tank. You'll now have gravity feed fuel pressure equal to that point no matter what the level of the fuel in the tank is. Adjust your float level as needed.

holanpd

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 07:00:18 AM »
This is going to sound stupid but how do i adjust the float level ? and thanks for all the help..

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 12:47:20 PM »
You remove the carb and the bowl from the carb. With the carb upside down, the float is sitting on the needle. You can bend the tang up or down to adjust how much pressure the float puts on the needle. If you bend the tang so that the float is farther away from the body of the carb, it will exert more pressure on the needle to close off flow. Bend it too far and no fuel will flow.

holanpd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 12:46:16 PM »
THANKS ALL THE HELP, I will do that today after work.