Author Topic: fl350r leaks oil from exhaust  (Read 1726 times)

holanpd

• View Profile
fl350r leaks oil from exhaust
« on: March 30, 2012, 08:40:46 AM »
When the odyssey is runing, I start to see black oil like gue coming from the exhaust. Does anyone now what causes this problem ?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
Re: fl350r leaks oil from exhaust
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 11:32:17 AM »
I call that stuff spooge.

A 2 stroke is lubricated by putting oil in the fuel. The fuel burns and the oil not as much. The left over is spooge. Some synthetic oils do not leave as much behind as traditional oils. Being jetted rich, especially on the low throttle opening circuit)  will cause more spooge. Running more oil in the fuel will increase spooge. I run 32:1. 20:1 like Honda suggests will produce quite a bit of spooge.

KTM265

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 02:35:45 PM »
Yes, very common and basically a mess to deal with... I would use a good liquid gasket sealer on the exhaust joints between the pipe and the silencer...that seemed to be were I would get the most...
You only need two tools in life -- WD-40 and duct tape. If it doesn't move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn't move and does, use the duct tape.

Hoser [həʊzə] n 1. US slang a person who swindles or deceives others 2. Canadian slang an unsophisticated, esp rural, person

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:32:33 PM »
The FL350[/R] has a fiber ring that goes over the end of the exhaust spigot and into the end of the pipe. It starts out white, ends up black and often disintegrates to nothing after a while. It is common to not get put back in because people do not realize it is supposed to be there.