Author Topic: Does anyone run there oddy in the sand?  (Read 1397 times)

gmcjimmy4x4

• View Profile
Does anyone run there oddy in the sand?
« on: June 25, 2011, 04:35:28 PM »
What tires  run good on the oddysey in the sand dunes? I recently went to the oregon dunes and my custom 4-stroke odyssey ran great. The only problem was we seperated the tires from the beads multiple  times. I was running a set of straight paddle(8) that i bought used. I think the rims were a little bent when i bought them.(probably the problem) Now im on the market for a new set of rims and tires, and only want to buy them once. So any advice would be great. Ill try to get some pics of the trip soon.

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2011, 11:37:28 AM »
Skat Trak Edge work well, but are pricey. I am running 22x11x10 ITP Sand Stars

Picture:
http://aftershockmotorsports.com/cart/index.php?main_page=page&id=17

I have not pealed those off the rims, but have peeled off some others. I was going to try super gluing the tires to the rims. That is a standard thing to do on RC cars. Bead locks would do it, but add weight.

gmcjimmy4x4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2011, 05:17:06 PM »
the only beadlocks i could find cost a fortune. I think they were like $259. How do you like the angle paddles on the odyssey? I was considering them too, but it just kicked ass with the straights that were on there. I just hate to spend a bunch of money and regret it later?

LiveWire

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • 85 Honda Odyssey FL350 Parts
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 10:49:52 AM »
I have run both straight and V paddle tires. The machine turns much better with the V paddles. It may lose a little straight line acceleration, but it is not noticeable seat of the pants.

Beadlocks are about double wheels without them. I think the super glue will work though. You then have to use acetone to dissolve the super glue to remove the tires.