Author Topic: starter rope  (Read 3542 times)

tommykart

• View Profile
starter rope
« on: July 01, 2010, 04:50:42 PM »
Broke the rope on my starter.  Do I have to loosen the motor to get the cover off of the recoil unit??  It has the goki electric starter mounted on the recoil unit so I do not have enough room to remove the cover.  I have removed the seatback and it looks like if I loosen the motormounts that then I could twist the motor enough to get the cover off.  How hard is it once I get to it to fix rope?? Any help??
   Tommykart

1grindking

starter rope
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 12:10:11 AM »
as far as the recoils iv been into if your just putting in new rope its very ez ya just unwind put in new rope & let it recoil if the rope has been broke or shortened a few times b4 ya might wanta put an extra revolution on her b4 insert new rope to regain orignal rope length good luck & im very surprised you have to loosen your engine but i cant see what your looking at & mine isnt here also i dont have electric start? so the only problem you might have is realining your clutches if there off buy a little it will rob hp if your off by a lot you'll eat belts i think it would be pretty ez to get them ligned up but not sure how its done on these possabley shims behind or infront of the clutches thats how most of my sleds have been?