Author Topic: ODYSSEY FL350R TRANSMISSION GRINDING  (Read 1212 times)

BEGLEY

• View Profile
ODYSSEY FL350R TRANSMISSION GRINDING
« on: December 29, 2010, 07:19:43 PM »
I AM NEW TO THE 350 ODYSSEY I HAD A 250 YEARS AGO.  BUT ANYWAY THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS WHEN YOU GO TO PUT THE ODYSSEY IN NEUTRAL OR REVERSE IT KILLS THE ENGINE AND JUST MAKES A LOUD GRINDING SOUND.  I HAVE READ THAT IT IS NORMAL FOR THEM TO GRIND WHEN SHIFTING BETWEEN GEARS THAT YOU SHOULD SLAM IT IN GEAR INSTEAD OF EASING IT INTO GEAR.  ANY HELP I DO APPRECIATE.

hoodlum

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: ODYSSEY FL350R TRANSMISSION GRINDING
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 04:12:39 AM »
Quote from: "BEGLEY"
I AM NEW TO THE 350 ODYSSEY I HAD A 250 YEARS AGO.  BUT ANYWAY THE PROBLEM I AM HAVING IS WHEN YOU GO TO PUT THE ODYSSEY IN NEUTRAL OR REVERSE IT KILLS THE ENGINE AND JUST MAKES A LOUD GRINDING SOUND.  I HAVE READ THAT IT IS NORMAL FOR THEM TO GRIND WHEN SHIFTING BETWEEN GEARS THAT YOU SHOULD SLAM IT IN GEAR INSTEAD OF EASING IT INTO GEAR.  ANY HELP I DO APPRECIATE.

Sounds like your driven clutch may not be disengageing completely...Check the tension on the belt while not running....Also,while it's idleing in neutral,try to stop the drive pully on the tranny from spinning by pushing a screw driver or hammer handle against the side of it...
Hoodlum